010. Invalidation at Its Finest

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TenInvalidation at Its Finest╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Ten
Invalidation at Its Finest
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI SAT ALONE IN HER BEDROOM WITH HER HEADPHONES ON and plugged into her phone as she lied on her stomach on top of the mattress. She didn't know how many times she had listened to her favourite band's new album but she kept listening to it anyway until the lyrics were engraved into her memory. Another thing that was engraved into her memory was the heated make out session between MF and Sweet Pea. She got a glimpse of the logo on the back of her leather jacket and saw the Serpent logo, even though Serpent jackets weren't allowed but the Serpent girl clearly didn't care at all. Knowing that MF was a Serpent only increased her insecurities. She was a girl who had that badass personality and didn't care what people had to say or think about her and she had the body that Tori could only dream of having but never actually achieve. MF was a Serpent and so was Sweet Pea, just the perfect match.

     She turned up the music louder and focussed on the drawing in front of her. She wanted to rearrange her bedroom because she was getting tired of the same look so she was using her spare time to sketch some ideas. Since it was the weekend, she had enough time to plan every detail on one day and rearrange everything the next day. She even invited Cheryl to come over and help and maybe give her some last minute ideas. Although her mother didn't approve of her friendship with Cheryl, she still allowed her to invite her to help rearrange her bedroom. Tori was slightly nodding her head while sketching out ideas and the music was so loud that she didn't hear her mother knocking on the open door to her room. It took a while before Tori looked up and saw her mother standing in the doorframe. She took her headphones off and rested them around her neck as she sat up.

     "I started the laundry but the hospital called and wants me to come in today so I won't have time to finish everything," her mother said. The woman already had her nurse scrubs on and her bag so she had to leave pretty soon. "When that load finishes, I need you to put it in the dryer and get started on the others."

     "Okay," Tori said while slightly nodding her head.

     "I love you, call me if you need anything," Tori's mother said while walking over and planting a kiss on her forehead.

     "Love you too," Tori said while smiling.

     The older woman left Tori's room and headed down the stairs. Tori heard the door open and close and looked out the window as her mother got inside the car and left. She went down to the basement to check on the load of laundry that was already in the washing machine and it was going to take almost half an hour for it to finish washing. She went back upstairs to continue working on her sketches and she saw a new text message from Cheryl. When she opened the conversation, Cheryl was asking Tori to send the first few sketches she has so far. Tori flipped through the pages that had the first two plans sketched out and took photos of each page to send to Cheryl.