041. Suddenly Overcrowded

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Forty-OneSuddenly Overcrowded**tw - allusions to abortion╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Forty-One
Suddenly Overcrowded
**tw - allusions to abortion
╘══════════════════╛

     WHEN TORI LEFT MF'S ROOM, SHE FOUND TONI IN THE HALLWAY ON HER WAY TO THE ELEVATOR.

     "Is MF in there?" Toni asked.

     "Yeah, I was just leaving," Tori said. "I gotta go home now."

     Toni nodded. "I'll text you later."

     Tori went to the ground floor and left the building so she could start walking home. Her mother already texted her and told her that she was going home for the rest of the day so she had to walk home from the hospital, which wasn't a problem for her. When she did get home, her mother had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room and she decided to just go to her room. When she took her shoes off, she didn't bother to change and just climbed onto her bed. She couldn't remember the last time she got enough sleep but after weeks of only getting two hours of sleep at the most, she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

     Time passed and the sky was changing colour by the hour. Tori's mother looked into her room and no lights were on as Tori was still asleep. The door was left open by three inches and the light in the hallway was turned on so it wasn't pitch black.

     When she did wake up, her room was dark but the light in the hallway was on. She got up and turned the light on and her eyes stung for a few seconds before they adjusted. She went downstairs and saw her mom sitting on the couch with the TV turned on and the sky had a little bit of purple mixed in with the blue.

     "You were asleep for a long time," her mother said when she saw her standing there.

     "How long was I asleep for?" Tori asked.

     "You're not gonna believe me when I tell you," Selena chuckled lightly and Tori looked at her, waiting for the answer to her question. "You were asleep for seventeen hours."

     "How is that even possible?" Tori asked, unable to believe that she slept for seventeen hours straight.

     "My guess is that you haven't been sleeping as well as you told me for a while now. I had to check on you at least seven times to make sure you were still breathing," her mother said.

     Tori sighed as she sat down next to her mom and leaned back into the cushions.

     "Mom, can I talk to you about something?" Tori asked.