006. Dancing with the Devil

╒══════════════════╕Chapter SixDancing with the Devil╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Six
Dancing with the Devil
╘══════════════════╛

     AT THIS POINT, TORI HAD ALREADY GIVEN UP on getting Cheryl to stop ignoring her and decided to just let the chips fall where they may. If Cheryl didn't want to be her friend anymore because of her increasing interactions with the Serpents, then at least she had Toni and Fangs to talk to so she wasn't completely alone. As for Sweet Pea, she decided to just act civil around him no matter how rude he can be.

     Speaking of which, the Southside students who were able to wear clothes that accommodated Riverdale High's dress code were no longer forced to wear the uniforms Weatherbee gave to them. Toni was sporting a pair of skinny jeans, a t-shirt with a green flannel tied around her waist and black ankle boots without getting dress coded, which was a relief. She was hoping to see her and Fangs at lunch but then she remembered that they weren't going to be in the lounge at lunch because they were meeting with the other Serpents for an underground Serpents gathering. It was a group that Mr. Weatherbee allowed, believing that it was a gaming club but it was actually a place where the Serpents could be Serpents under everyone's noses. Fangs had told her about it but everyone made it clear that he couldn't tell anyone else. Unfortunately, the "gaming club" was for Serpents only which meant that Tori wasn't allowed, which also meant that she was alone for lunch.

     Everyone around her was talking about Pickens Day that was happening the next day and Cheryl's oral history report and talking about wanting to rename the holiday after her great-great-great grandfather whose name Tori could never remember was still fresh in her mind. Tori herself had already gotten the assignment done and presented so it was less of a weight on her shoulders and all she wanted was to go home. At her locker, she was putting her stuff away quickly and when she saw Reggie making his way towards her, she was even more desperate to leave. But unfortunately, she was not quick enough.

     "I heard you and Cheryl aren't on speaking terms right now," Reggie said with that same smug grin on his face as he leaned against the lockers.

     "It's none of your business, but good to know," Tori said while closing her locker and adjusting her bag on her shoulder.

     "How does it feel knowing you lost the only two people who ever accepted you as one of us? Everyone knows your parents were Southsiders and that your mother was a Serpent slut and that your dad was the one who bit it yet me and Cheryl put that aside for you and you just took advantage of that like the selfish little bitch you are," Reggie said while leaning closer to her face.

     "I appreciate the fun times we had when we were dating but I don't appreciate being ignored and then only called up when you want something. I don't appreciate being put aside just because you were actually ashamed to be seen with me and I sure as hell don't appreciate being the only one putting effort into a relationship that was barely there and then you dumping me because you had a problem with how I dress when in reality, you got bored of being in a secret relationship with a retired Serpent's daughter," Tori said, her voice just as low and menacing as Reggie's was. "You want to talk about selfish bitch, you should really look in the mirror."