038. What's in a Name

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-EightWhat's in a Name**tw - discussion of attemptedsuicide, brief mention ofabortion╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Eight
What's in a Name
**tw - discussion of attempted
suicide, brief mention of
abortion
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI ASKED KEVIN TO DROP HER OFF AT THE WHYTE WYRM even though he was reluctant but she promised him that he would be in and out of the Southside in no time. He was already gone by the time she got inside and she already felt like a fish out of water when everyone turned to look at her. MF was sitting by the bar and Sweet Pea was by the pool table. She found Toni in the crowd and rushed over to her while sighing in relief that she was okay.

     "Jesus, what happened to you?" Toni asked while looking at Tori. "You look terrible."

     "That's a story for another time. And by that, I mean never," Tori said while running her fingers through her hair.

     "I could say the same thing about what I just dealt with. I thought those Ghoulies were gonna finish you at Pop's," Toni said while hugging Tori tightly.

     "Jughead told you about that, didn't he?" Tori asked.

     "For God's sake Tori, what the hell?"

     Tori turned around and Sweet Pea was there taking long strides to get to her.

     "I guess I don't need to explain to you what just went down at Pop's," Tori said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "The Ghoulies are back and they went over there while you were talking to Mantle," he pointed out.

     "I seem to be the only one who finds it funny that they came back to town the same night Riverdale goes up in flames with riots left, right and centre," Tori said.

     "You could've been killed!"

     "But I wasn't, was I? And can we please keep the yelling to a minimum? I've had a headache all day and I haven't had the time to take a Tylenol."

     "I've had it," Sweet Pea said. "I say it's time to end the Ghoulie scourge and that traitor Penny Peabody, permanently."

     Tori sighed. "Oh boy, more people that I never knew about and suddenly hearing about them for the first time."

     "Long story short, she goes against everything the Serpents stand for and I just so happened to have recently encountered her earlier," Toni whispered.