025. Carrie: The Musical

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Twenty-FiveCarrie: The Musical╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twenty-Five
Carrie: The Musical
╘══════════════════╛

     SHE KEPT HER MIND OPEN AS SHE JOINED EVERYONE ON THE STAGE as they gathered in a circle. Kevin handed out copies of the script for the musical and Tori's eyes skimmed over the title page. She glanced at everyone else who was sitting in the circle. Cheryl, Betty, Veronica, Archie, even Ethel Muggs was there as part of the cast.

     "Greetings, everyone! And welcome to Carrie: The Musical," Kevin said enthusiastically but became serious once Fangs had sat down and joined. "Let's start by introducing ourselves."

     "I'm Archie, and I'm playing Tommy Ross, the boy next door," the ginger haired boy said.

     "I'm Betty, and I'll be playing Sue Snell, the good girl," Betty said.

     "Veronica Lodge, playing mean girl, Chris Hargensen," the young Lodge said confidently.

     Tori looked at Jughead who had a camcorder and was video taping everything that was going on. Kevin had mentioned earlier that he had asked him to do it as a behind-the-scenes documentary while they were getting ready for the show.

     "I'm Cheryl Blossom, playing the iconic role of Carrie White," Cheryl said as she stood up and smiled.

     "Tone deaf," Ehtel coughed and Cheryl glared while Tori wasn't so pleased with Ethel's response herself. "So who's playing your mom, Margaret White?"

     "I am."

     Alice Cooper walked into the room and Tori tensed, still unable to forget the horrible things she used to say about her and her parents, especially her mother since no one has heard from her father in years. Cheryl could see the uneasiness in Tori's body language and nudged her softly. The dark haired girl looked at her best friend while smiled gently, earning one from Tori herself as she relaxed.

     "Wait, seriously?" Ethel asked in disbelief.

     "Settle down. Yes, it is untraditional, but nothing is more amateur than age-appropriate casting," Kevin said.

     "I'm looking forward to getting to know who this woman is, get under her skin. And of course spend some quality time with my daughter, Elizabeth," Alice said while looking at Betty who didn't seem too happy about her mother joining the musical.

     The door opened and closed loudly and Tori looked up to see Chuck Clayton walking in. She knew all about his reputation at Riverdale High and to her, he was worse than Reggie when it came down to how they treated girls.

     "Sorry. I thought rehearsal was in the music room," he said while chuckling nervously.

     "Not a problem. All are welcome," Kevin said.