040. A Little too Much

╒══════════════════╕Chapter FortyA Little too Much╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Forty
A Little too Much
╘══════════════════╛

     ONCE TORI WAS DRESSED AND PUT ON A PAIR OF SNEAKERS, she grabbed her phone, headphones and keys along with her mother's keys and went downstairs. She locked the door once she was outside and started walking back to the hospital. When she got back, she found her mother and gave her keys back and stopped at the front desk.

     "I'm here to see Marissa Florence Jones," she said to the receptionist.

     "Room three fifteen, please sign in," the woman said after checking her sheet.

    "Thank you," Tori said as she wrote her name on the visitor's sheet and started heading to MF's room.

     When she got there, MF was still sleeping but Tori still decided to sit down in the chair by the window. She guessed that MF hadn't slept properly in weeks if she was living on the streets with no proper home or a proper place to sleep. The colour was slowly returning to her face and she was relieved that one of them was getting the sleep they were deprived of. The door opened and FP walked in while Tori sat up straight.

     "What are you doing here?" she asked.

     "I could ask you the same thing?" he said.

     "I'm a friend."

     "Well, I'm her father."

     Tori looked at MF who was still sleeping and then looked at FP. "Where were you this whole time she was here?" she asked.

     "I'm here now, aren't I?" he asked.

     "You didn't answer my question," Tori said before swallowing the lump in her throat.

     FP sighed. "I was with my son. I can't exactly be in two places, now can I?"

     "I guess not, but they woke up hours ago," Tori said. "If I'm being honest here, you're kind of a dick."

     "Excuse me?" he asked.

     "I don't think MF would want to see you here when she wakes up, so I think it'll be best for you to leave," Tori said. "There's the door."

     FP sighed as he turned around and walked out of the room and Tori exhaled in relief once he was gone. She laid back in her seat and pulled her knees up to her chest. Although she wanted to sleep as well, she wasn't able to so she decided to put her headphones on and listen to music. After a while, she noticed MF moving and she paused her music and took her headphones off.