Serpentine

╒══════════════════╕SerpentineSneak Peak╘══════════════════╛

Serpentine
Sneak Peak
╘══════════════════╛

     With Jughead and the others fucking off to Veronica's family's lake house and the Serpents and I not speaking for the past week, the only person I had right now was Eden. And, of course, Clancy needed her help with something before school, so I was completely on my own as I stomped into the school I hated with everything I had. I wanted to make it known that I didn't want to be there at all. I could not wait to get out of this place.

     Wanting some time alone so I wouldn't punch someone, I entered the student lounge as I ran my fingers through my hair and froze when I saw Toni, Sweet Pea and Fogarty sat together, talking and laughing. Oh, for fuck's sake. Making sure they didn't see me, I spun on my heel and went to leave when Syd, a Serpent I've definitely hooked up with occasionally, stepped in, blocking my way out. Shit.

     "You can't hide from them forever." she sighed. 

     "You know, Syd," I replied casually. "I might love hearing you moan my name in bed but it doesn't mean I appreciate any other time you speak."

     She rolled her eyes as I folded my arms over my chest and went to push past her when she stopped me yet again. I sighed angrily.

     "Don't fuck with me, Lovett." I snapped. "I'm not in the mood for your bullshit."

     "Why are you hiding from them?" she countered, mirroring my stance. 

     "Okay, one, why the hell do you care?" I grunted. "Two, who says I'm hiding from them?"

     She exhaled through her nose, tapping her foot, and I grit my teeth. That was the most annoying sound.

     "You keep turning to the other direction whenever you see them." she pointed out. "If that's not hiding from them, or at least avoiding them, then what is it?"

     Letting out a mirthless chuckle, I looked to my feet and stepped towards the Serpent before I looked back at her. Her large brown eyes were trained on me and I knew that, if I wasn't in a foul mood, I could've laughed in her face. This was hysterical, she really thought she could talk to me like this?

     "You don't know shit of what happened between us after what went down with my dad that night." I spat. "So, why don't you just fuck off and leave my life out of your business? Because it doesn't belong there."

     We stared each other down until she huffed and walked away and I started in the other direction to punch the shit out of something when I heard Toni call my name. Spectacular. Breathing hard out of my nose, I spun on my heels again and became face-to-face with Toni, Sweet Pea and Fogarty. I stared at Toni as I felt my stomach turn heavy and she was the only reason I even walked over to them. God, I hated having these feelings for her. I felt weak and submissive. With a sigh, I threw myself on the couch next to Toni and opposite Fogarty and Sweet Pea and crossed my arms again, waiting for them to say something. Not a word came from any of them. They didn't even look at me.