003. A Silent Call for Help

╒══════════════════╕Chapter ThreeA Silent Call for Help╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Three
A Silent Call for Help
╘══════════════════╛

     HER MIND SWIRLED WITH HER THOUGHTS when she walked into Riverdale High and the transfer students seemed to blend in with the crowd a little bit more. None of them were wearing their jackets and their tattoos were out of sight just like Weatherbee demanded. Toni saw Tori and called her over as she was talking to Sweet Pea in the student lounge, who was very tall compared to both of them.

     "Hi, Toni," Tori said.

     "We just wanted to thank you for trying to warn us and defend us yesterday," Toni said while genuinely smiling.

     "Although it would've been better if you tried harder," Sweet Pea muttered under his breath as he sat down next to Fangs but Toni heard him and punched him in the arm.

     "Give her a break, Sweet Pea. She really tried," she scolded the taller boy who only rolled his eyes.

     "Well either way, I'm sorry I couldn't help much and I apologize for Cheryl and Reggie's shenanigans. It's actually not that surprising from Reggie but Cheryl is usually more calm and collected in most situations," Tori said. "I will try to talk to her."

     "Is she your friend?" Fangs asked.

     "Actually, she's my best friend," Tori replied.

     "Well that's just great," Sweet Pea said with fake enthusiasm and a sarcastic smile and Toni glared at him.

     "Sweet Pea!"

     "Why don't you just leave us alone with your Northside privilege, take your fake apology and half-assed pity attempts to help us and go run back to that little bitch you call your best friend?"

     Tori bit her lip as she nodded and turned around. Right after she disappeared from their sight, Toni and Fangs glared at Sweet Pea who did not seem to regret a single word that came out of his mouth. Tori on the other hand was trying to find Cheryl and maybe apologize for blowing her off at lunch the day before. When she saw her redheaded best friend sitting alone at their usual lunch table, she made her way over to her but hesitated to sit.

     "Josie's busy with her music, I assume?" Tori asked.

     "You assume right. And yesterday, you didn't show up so I was left alone with just me, myself and I while Josie was busy as usual," Cheryl said without looking at Tori.