022. A Basket of Lies

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Twenty-TwoA Basket of Lies╘══════════════════╛

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

╒══════════════════
Chapter Twenty-Two
A Basket of Lies
╘══════════════════╛

     TONI AND TORI STARTED HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL as soon as they left the school and Tori had barely spoken a word. Toni kept the conversations small and light and Tori had no problem with it. They talked about simple little things as they walked to the hospital and nothing too heavy or anything that would hit a soft spot for either of them.

     "Honestly, I just hope that Cheryl is at the hospital and just forgot to get back to my texts or just had her phone on silent," Tori said.

     "I'm sure everything is fine. Don't worry too much, we'll check the hospital and I'm sure she will be there," Toni said reassuringly.

     The two girls reached the hospital and walked inside where they were greeted with doctors and nurses walking down the halls and a few patients going for a walk. Tori spotted her mother standing in front of the receptionist's desk and she hurried over to her. She tapped her arm and her mother turned around and smiled widely when she saw Tori standing there.

     "What are you doing here?" her mother asked, the language sounding completely foreign to Toni who watched from the sidelines.

     "Cheryl wasn't at school today so me and Toni came here to see if she was here with Nana Rose," Tori said.

     "Cheryl's mother came here to pick her up and take her home an hour ago."

     "Okay. Thanks, Mom. I'll see you at home."

     "Bye."

     Toni and Tori walked out of the hospital and Toni chuckled lightly as they made their way towards Thistlehouse.

     "The entire time I've known you, I've never heard you speak Spanish until now," Toni said.

     "We usually speak Spanish at family gatherings during the holidays or on the phone and when we're occasionally talking to family members living in Colombia," Tori said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "So, why just now?" Toni questioned curiously.

     "It's because my mom doesn't like people eavesdropping on conversations between us so we speak Spanish so no one understands, especially if it's personal," Tori answered.

     Both of them arrived at Thistlehouse where they were sure to find Cheryl. Mrs. Blossom's car was parked in the driveway so it was safe for them to assume that they were home. Toni was the one to ring the doorbell and they waited patiently for someone to open it. Penelope Blossom was the one to open the wooden door and scowled at the two girls standing on her doorstep.

SUSPENDING GRAVITY ,   sweet pea ¹ ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें