012. Sweet and Salty

╒══════════════════╕Chapter TwelveSweet and Salty╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twelve
Sweet and Salty
╘══════════════════╛

     SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHO SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO TALK TO. She wanted to talk to her mother when she got home from the arcade but Selena was already telling her that she put dinner in the fridge and was heading out the door. She called Cheryl and hoped to talk to her about the situation without mentioning the Serpents of course, but the redhead was already dealing with issues in her own family, specifically her mother. She couldn't exactly tell Fangs, Sweet Pea or Toni that she was jealous of their friend or they would probably laugh in her face just like Sweet Pea and MF when she thought they were dating.

     She didn't even realize when the subject of her thoughts walked into the biology classroom and stood right next to the lab bench she was sitting at along with another student sitting right beside her.

     "Move!" MF demanded.

     The girl sitting next to Tori scrambled to grab her stuff and hurried to go find another seat away from MF.

     "You know, sometimes I think you take quite a bit advantage of your Serpent status," Tori said bluntly as she rested her forehead on her open hand.

     "Yeah, and your point is?" MF asked as she sat down.

     "I guess I don't really have one," Tori said as she shrugged her shoulders.

     "Then shut up."

     Tori didn't say anything else as she turned her attention to the front of the room where their biology teacher was standing. There was going to be a dissection lab assignment and the teacher was reading off a list of who everyone was going to be partnered up with. It just so happened that Tori was partnered with MF which also made it convenient that they were sitting right next to each other at the same lab bench.

     "How convenient," Tori chuckled as she closed her binder and put it in her bag.

     "We're using your textbook because I didn't bring mine," MF said.

     "Okay," Tori said as she opened her textbook to the page that went into detail about why they were doing the lab assignment. "I'll go get the instructions and supplies."

     Tori got up to grab a sheet with the instructions printed on it and a tray that had the supplies they needed for the dissection. She even grabbed two pairs of safety goggles and two pairs of plastic gloves. She carried everything back to the lab bench and MF had already grabbed a tray that had a fetal pig on it.

     "I already got the pig," MF said as she grabbed a pair of goggles and plastic gloves from Tori.

     "Do you want me to do the dissecting?" Tori asked.