037. The Riverdale Riots

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-SevenThe Riverdale Riots╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Seven
The Riverdale Riots
╘══════════════════╛

     THINGS WERE JUST GETTING CRAZIER BY THE MINUTE AND SO MUCH COULD ONLY HAPPEN IN ONE NIGHT. Her mind was racing as she sat alone in her room while trying to calm down her nerves. She wanted to call Toni or Sweet Pea to at least take her mind off of the events of the night but they were still waiting for the news about Fangs and MF. She figured that they already had their own problems and no time to deal with hers as well. Despite how close she had gotten with the Serpents, she didn't feel that she was in the position to complain to them about problems as a Northside when they have probably gone through much worse on the Southside.

     Her mother came into her room every now and then to ask if she needed anything or to simply make sure that she wasn't falling apart and each time, she said she was alright and didn't need anything. She continued to have a debate in her mind whether or not she should talk to someone about what happened but she just wouldn't reach for her phone. As she glanced at her phone to think about it all over again, the screen lit up and the phone rang with Toni's name on the screen. Tori quickly answered and the first thing she could hear was a lot of screaming.

     "Toni, what the hell is going on over there?" she asked loud enough for Toni to hear her over the shouts and screams.

     "Tori, you need to get down here right now! They're releasing Fangs and MF but there are still a lot of people who believe they are guilty and the Dark Circle is here right now!" Toni shouted over the noise.

     "Wait, seriously?" Tori asked as she quickly got up and put her shoes back on.

     "Yes! We need to get them out of there in one piece before the Dark Circle tears them apart!" Toni said.

     "Just hang tight, I'll be there as fast as I can," Tori said before hanging up and running out of her room and then out of the house with the door slamming behind her.

     If the crowd was as big as she imagined filled with angry protesters, then she had no time to lose and needed to get to the sheriff's department as fast as her legs could carry her. She could hear the faint shouts of the citizens as she was a few blocks away from the station and as she got closer, the protests grew even louder. Some of them were chanting "justice for Midge" and others were chanting "free Fangs" and "free MF." Tori pushed her way through the crowd, hoping to get to the others before the protesters did and she soon found them trying to push through the angry mob in one big group. More Serpents who were in the crowd joined in as well but Tori noticed Reggie stalking behind the group of Serpents. When she saw the metal peak out of the pocket of his letterman jacket, a million thoughts ran through her mind as she started to panic.