039. Hanging by a Thread

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Thirty-NineHanging by a Thread╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Thirty-Nine
Hanging by a Thread
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI WAITED ON THE CLIFF FOR MF TO COME BACK WITH HER STUFF and noticed how it was taking a while for her to get back but figured that it took a while to grab her stuff and come back. Her phone rang for what felt like the tenth time that night but she answered it when she saw Toni's name flashing across the screen.

     "Hey," she said.

     "Tori, is MF with you?" Toni asked.

     "She was but she went to go get something," Tori said. "She still hasn't come back yet."

     "Tori, Jughead is gone and no one has seen MF since she left the bar," Toni said with concern laced in her voice.

     "So, no one knows where either of them are?" Tori questioned.

     "No, but we have an idea. You need to come to the docks right now."

     "Okay, I'll be right there."

     Tori put her phone back in her pocket and started heading towards the docks where Toni told her to go. She wasn't sure what the problem was but Toni sounded concerned when she called so she figured it had to be pretty bad. When she got to the docks after a long time of walking, everyone was there wondering what happened to the two Serpents. She found Toni standing with Sweet Pea and she was hesitant to go over there but she took a deep breath and went anyway.

     "Has anyone heard anything yet?" she asked while avoiding Sweet Pea's glare burning into her head.

     "Not yet," Toni said with her arms crossed. Sweet Pea walked away without a word and it left Toni confused while Tori felt even smaller. "What's his problem?"

     "Me. We kind of had a disagreement," Tori said while fidgeting nervously with the ends of her sleeves. "I don't wanna talk about it right now."

     Everyone was waiting for the news on the two Serpents and some people were more worried than others. Betty was pacing around impatiently and Eden was biting her fingernails off. Tori kept playing with the sleeves of her blouse and one of them had a small blood stain on it due to the cut she got while she was at Pop's. Her shoes had a bit of dirt on them and her feet were sore from all the running while everything was up in flames and her eyes were heavy with fatigue. Everyone heard a twig snap and turned around to see what made the sound. FP was carrying Jughead and another man with brown hair and a few grey hairs was carrying MF. Both were beaten beyond recognition and Jughead was even missing a huge chunk of skin out of his arm. The only reason Tori was even able to tell which one was MF was because of her long hair. Both of them were barely breathing and Tori's heart dropped as her breathing picked up.