015. Leave and Never Return

╒══════════════════╕Chapter FifteenLeave and Never Return╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Fifteen
Leave and Never Return
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI CONTINUED TO TOSS AND TURN IN HER BED even though all she wanted was to take a nap. Selena was downstairs making a grocery list since they needed to stock up on food while Tori was tired of all the recent events with Cheryl and MF and only wanted to sleep it all off. Her eyes snapped open when she heard a light knocking on her door and she sat up to see her mother standing in the doorframe.

     "I need to do grocery shopping soon and we're out of leftovers so I'm gonna leave some money on top of your bookshelf so you can get food from Pop's or any other place you feel like eating," Selena said as she left some cash on top of Tori's bookshelf. "I'll see you after my shift."

     "See you later, Mom,"

     Selena left the door slightly open as she walked out of the doorframe and went back downstairs. Tori swung her legs over the edge of her bed and walked over to the window and moved the curtain enough to see her mother right outside the house as she was getting inside the car. Once she was gone, she went back to lying in her bed but this time she made no attempts to take a nap, not feeling tired anymore. She looked at the cash her mother left behind and thought about whether she should just go to Pop's now or wait a while more before getting up. She stared at the ceiling for what felt like forever until she decided to get up and get dressed.

     Tori put on a grey sweatshirt and a pair of denim overalls and combed all the knots out of her hair. She put on a pair of sneakers over her sock covered feet and tied to laces before grabbing her keys, phone and the money her mother left for her. She turned off the light in her bedroom and closed the door before heading downstairs towards the front door. Once she was outside, she locked the door and started walking towards the diner. She had her headphones on with music playing softly so she could still hear parts of the world around her as she kept walking. When the neon lights of Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe came into view and became brighter with every step she took, she sighed in relief when she noticed how there weren't many people in the diner at this hour. It was usually more peaceful and she was able to enjoy her food and milkshakes better when there were less people making noise and causing trouble.

     Tori walked into the old-fashioned diner and the sound of the bell rang from right above her head as she took her headphones off and let them rest on her neck. She was about to choose one of the many empty booths to sit in but noticed the recognizable dark locks and green Serpent tattoo on the side of this particular man's neck. The dim lights barely reflected off the leather of his jacket and the image in front of her felt very familiar. Once she realized what that moment reminded her of, she walked over to the booth and smiled at the tall Serpent boy who didn't even realize her presence yet.