024. Search and Rescue

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Twenty-FourSearch and Rescue╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twenty-Four
Search and Rescue
╘══════════════════╛

     TORI STOOD NEXT TO TONI AS VERONICA RANG THE DOORBELL and Josie stood on the other side of Toni. Tori looked at Veronica and wondered why she was there instead of Betty like she had expected. Toni answered that question by telling her that Betty got caught up with something else and Veronica offered to help. Tori couldn't even understand why she offered to help since Toni was a Serpent and Veronica made it pretty clear that she didn't like the Serpents. Tori gripped her bag when Mrs. Blossom opened the door and sent a glare towards her and Toni.

     "I thought I specifically told you to not to come here again," she said.

     "They're with us," Veronica said. "We need to talk to you, so hopefully you wouldn't mind letting us in."

     Mrs. Blossom narrowed her eyes before putting on the fakest smile and opening the door wider for the four girls to walk in. They sat down on the red sofa while Mrs. Blossom stood next to Nana Rose.

     "Hi, Nana Rose," Tori said while waving slightly at the old woman.

     She was the only Blossom, besides Cheryl, who didn't make her feel uneasy while in her presence.

     "Since you girls insisted on coming in here, what is it you wanted to talk about?" Mrs. Blossom asked.

     "You said that Cheryl was at an all girls boarding school in Switzerland," Toni said bluntly.

     "Honestly, I don't think I owe an explanation to a bunch of school girls," the redheaded woman said.

     "Maybe not, Mrs. Blossom, but maybe you have heard that my mother is dating Sheriff Keller. So if you won't tell us the truth, maybe you'll tell him," Josie said.

     "You want the truth? Fine. The truth is that Cheryl started exhibiting strange and deviant behaviour so I sent her abroad to a private wellness institute where they are trying to help her," Mrs. Blossom said.

     "So, why lie about it and say that she was sent to some boarding school in another country?" Tori asked.

     "You don't have to believe me, but let me show you something," Mrs Blossom said while handing a folded piece of paper to Josie.

     She slowly unfolded the page and shock and horror crossed her face when she saw what was on it. It was a graphite drawing of Cheryl and Josie and none of the others seemed to understand why Josie was so horrified.