026. Top of the List

╒══════════════════╕Chapter Twenty-SixTop of the List╘══════════════════╛

Chapter Twenty-Six
Top of the List
╘══════════════════╛

     THE NEXT FEW WEEKS FOR TORI WAS WAKE UP, eat, go to school, go to rehearsals, go home, sleep and repeat. Her body and mind was always exhausted whenever she came home from rehearsals that lasted for hours after school and hours in the morning before school. Kevin was pretty serious about the musical and wanted everything to be perfect so he had everybody working hard during rehearsals.

     "Kevin, ease up a little bit," Tori said after he demanded to restart the scene for the fifth time in the last thirty minutes.

     "Opening night is in three days! Everything needs to be perfect," Kevin said.

     "Well, it won't be perfect if everyone is overworking themselves during rehearsals," Tori countered. "If Veronica projects her voice any more, she'll lose it and won't be able to sing and Betty is limping from moving so much with the amount of intensity we're working at right now."

     "Tori, we're running out of time and every second we spend discussing this is another second we could be practicing. Not to mention that we had to replace Cheryl with Midge since Mrs. Blossom wouldn't allow Cheryl to participate," Kevin said.

     "I get that but we also have to think about how hard we're pushing ourselves. If we push ourselves too hard, we could end up hurting ourselves. I'm not saying we shouldn't work hard during rehearsals, but we need to make sure we don't work too hard," Tori said.

     "It's his musical, he should direct it how he wants to," Ethel said with her arms crossed.

     "But she does have a point," Betty said. "Veronica is already on the brink of losing her voice and if she doesn't rest, she will lose it completely and there's no telling how long it will take for her to get it back."

     "It won't kill us to slow down just a little bit," Archie said while shrugging his shoulders and wiping the sweat off his face.

     Kevin sighed, "Fine. Everyone, take a breather and we'll met up in thirty minutes to discuss some things."

     Kevin left the auditorium and Ethel looked at Tori before speaking.

     "You have a lot of nerve," she said.

     "Do you have a problem with me, Ethel? Because if you do, do you mind leaving everybody else out of it?" Tori asked with her arms crossed.

     "You can't just tell Kevin how to direct his musical that he put together," Ethel said.

     "I wasn't trying to tell him how to direct his musical, I was simply saying that it wouldn't hurt to slow down and take a break," Tori said.