Chapter 4 - Trade

You slept with Hoseok.

Only in the literal sense.

"I can leave you with the wolves," he had said after you left Yoongi's tent. "But you're better off with me."

You curled your lip at him. "So my choice is between the pack of wolves or their leader?"

"If you're going to be amongst the wolves, sweetheart, you might as well be on the leader's side."

You couldn't argue with him. And although the look in his eyes was dangerous, it wasn't murderous. So you took your chances.

His tent was large but empty. A single mat was on the floor, a collection of swords and bo staves in the corner. His laundry was scattered, crumpled pieces of paper decorating the floor along with his dirty clothing.

"Welcome home," he said.

You wrapped your arms around yourself, the thought of your family home invaded by the emperor's guards.

Namjoon's guards.

How could you take everything, Namjoon? When did you start to hate me that much...?

"What's with the look?" Hoseok asked. "My place doesn't smell that bad."

You shook your head at him, shoving down any emotion he might see as weakness.

"Master Jung," a voice said outside the tent.

Hoseok opened the flap, and a man walked in, holding a bed mat. His skin, hair, and eyes were so pure that they glowed in the darkness.

But the look in his eyes wasn't pure.

He looked at you as if you were his first kill

"Enough staring, Taehyung," Hoseok said, taking the bed mat from him. "She's not that easily intimidated."

He smirked as he rolled the bed out on the ground.

"At least, she pretends not to be," he muttered in your direction.

"Does the boss know?" Taehyung asked, still staring at you.

Hoseok hummed.

"And he's okay with it?"

"That's between me and him," Hoseok replied. "Now, you've done your job. Get out of my tent."

The man looked you over one last time, then swung the tent flap open and left you both behind without another word. The air chilled.

"Don't worry about him," Hoseok said. "He's edgy, but harmless. The opposite of you."

"What?" you asked.

"Sleep," he commanded, pointing to the new mat on the ground. He wrapped a blanket around you, turning your shoulders to face him. "You'll need all the rest you can get for tomorrow. I can promise you that."