Hoseok POV 5 - Guarded

"Hoseok," Yoongi commanded. "Step outside."

His tone was solemn, but he looked calm as always. He wasn't going to release her. I knew that.

And if he did, I'd drag her back.

I nodded and stepped out, leaving them to talk. I had nothing to say to her now, anyways.

I came for her. I risked my life for her and her brother. I risked getting cut down by the same man that cut down my sister. And when I had the chance to run him through - to complete the mission I had been working towards for the last three years - she stood in front of me and begged me to surrender.

And like an idiot, I did.

For her.

And now she was begging again for him. She wanted us to let her go? To fight for her true love?

To hell with her. Didn't she think of us at all? Didn't she think of m--

"Hoseok," Yoongi commanded again.

I walked back into the tent, not looking at her. I didn't want to feel anything towards her. "Yes, Boss?"

"Take Y/N back to the tent and watch her. From now on she's no longer our ally. She's our enemy."

Y/N's jaw slacked as she looked to me in confusion. It pissed me off. She had the nerve to be surprised? After everything?

I nodded. "Understood."

I leaned forward and grabbed her arm, dragging out of Yoongi's tent and heading back to ours. She yelled something, but I wasn't paying attention. I was too frustrated to care anymore.

When we reached the tent, I threw her inside. She collapsed on the bed, tears streaming down her face. I turned my head away. It would turn my heart soft to look at her as she was now.

"Hoseok, please, I'm begging you —"

She bowed deeply to me, her forehead against the ground. The first time she had ever shown that kind of respect to me.

And it was for him.

"Don't do that," I said flatly.

"Had I known my brother was guilty, I never would have come here," she sobbed. "Namjoon's head is on a chopping block and it's all my fault."

I clenched my teeth. "What makes you think I give a damn about him?"

Tears ran down her face, her eyes glistening in desperation.

"Because... you care about me."

I scoffed and looked away again. She knew then? She knew my feelings? And yet she --

"Please," she said, coming to her feet.

She stepped forward, coming in close and gripping my robe. There wasn't any space between us, her body against mine. It was so much like the night she stabbed me in the leg; her crying desperately against my chest, asking me to understand her and to help her.

... And that night... I decided she was mine.

But she never agreed to it, did she? She wanted to be his. It would always be him between us.

"Please," she begged again. "I'll do anything."

That did it.

Clenching my teeth harder, I ran my hand through her hair, then caressed the soft skin against her jaw. Her lips trembled. I traced my fingertips around the edges, thinking of all the different ways I could still them.

"Anything?" I echoed.

A breath passed.

"Yes," she replied.

When she shut her eyes, I knew she understood my meaning. It took everything in me to hold back. This was the second time she was willing to give herself to me.

But... she was thinking of him.

I could have forced him out of her. Dominate her until I erased his memory.

But that wasn't how I wanted it between us. I wanted her to give herself to me because she felt the same way about me as I did for her. I couldn't take her like this. Not when she was desperate, vulnerable, and thinking of him.

I loved her too much for that.

I pinched her nose instead.

"Stupid," I said. "I taught you to fight, not surrender. And I don't take bodies for business dealings. Dead or alive."

I walked away before I could change my mind.

I could hear both her breath and heart shatter as I turned my back on her. But I wasn't caving. Not this time.

She was mine.

She couldn't go to him. Not until she understood what she meant to me. She could hate me until the day she died if she wanted. At least she would remember me.

On the way to the prison, I imagined how I would tell her my feelings towards her, but I couldn't tell her now. She wasn't in the state of mind to accept it. But someday I was going to show her what I felt. Someday, she would understand it.

Someday, I would make her mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

More fanart!! I love it! Keep it coming!

This one is from @scandelousbeach