Chapter 33 - Second

"Let's go."

Hoseok grabbed your arm, dragging you to the eating hall. Yoongi was already there, as well as some of the others in high command. And they were all surrounding... Jin?

"There aren't many of them," Jin said, his arm resting on his knee nonchalantly. "The fires weakened their defenses. But they're pissed."

"How many?" Yoongi asked.

"Twenty to thirty."

"And our men are still weak and hungover."

Hoseok stepped forward, dragging you with him. Jin caught your eye for a moment before looking at Hoseok.

"How bad is it?" Hoseok asked.

"Bad enough," Yoongi replied. "We'll need to look far more competent than we actually are."

Hoseok's grip tightened on your arm.

"Luckily," Jin said, "it looks like their goal isn't to attack, but to wait for us to come out. They're still weak from being attacked themselves."

Hoseok sighed. "Backup?"

"Sent for."

"Response?"

Jin nodded.

"Have Jimin summon the others," Hoseok said. "Everyone who isn't in the medic tent should meet in the training room. We'll need to send out a few scouts as well to keep an eye on them."

"The Underground is taking care of it," Jin replied.

The Underground...?

Hoseok turned to you, eyeing you thoughtfully. He shook his head to himself, then turned back to Yoongi.

"Thoughts, Boss?"

Yoongi licked his bottom lip. "Get information. Prepare to look bigger than we are."

Hoseok nodded at you. "And?"

Yoongi glanced at you for a moment, then looked back at Jin.

"Watch over the prisoner."

Jin snickered. "Not in my job description."

"As the Underground's second, it's your job to watch over the members," Yoongi said. "Enemy or otherwise."

Jin's lip curled.

The Underground's...second?

As Hosoek stepped forward, you stepped in front of him.

"Let me fight with you," you said.

He paused, taking an unusually long deep breath. His face was unreadable, but the determination in his eyes wavered. Regardless, he jerked his head to the side in rejection.

"Even as our ally, you're not allowed on the frontlines."

"I'm sober and trained."

"You're emotionally drained and unstable."