Yoongi POV 1 - Purpose

How did I get here?

I couldn't remember wandering off into the forest, but that's where I woke up.

How annoying.

It must have been the dreams again. Jin mentioned that I sleep-walked, and that was the only thing that would explain why I repeatedly woke up in various places. I highly doubted that Jin was carrying me around camp and leaving me in weird places as a prank, even though his warped sense of humor made me question it a few times.

Sleep-walking... What was the cure for it? One day I was going to walk off into the enemy's hands if I didn't cure this.

A medic who couldn't cure his own illness. Irony.

Since I was awake, I decided to walk around. At least make it look like I meant to come out here on purpose. I had done the same thing when I ran into Y/N.

It looks like you've run out of options...

She was beyond stubborn, with what seemed like an endless amount of willpower. But whatever training Hoseok was doing in the middle of the forest that night, it had broken her completely. I had never seen her so defeated.

That empty look in her eyes... it made the medic in me want to heal her. It made the man in me want to protect her.

And that's why she needed to leave. 

I couldn't have a soft spot or else it would jeopardize my men. The last time I had a soft spot for a woman, my judgment clouded. I couldn't do my job as a leader effectively. And in the end, it lead to her death.

I wouldn't allow Y/N the same fate. Better to treat her as an enemy than to get her slaughtered.

I looked down at my hands. I couldn't have more blood on them. They were already drenched as it was.

My job in the Rebellion had always been simple: protect life. As a Rebellion member, as a medic, and as a leader.

I wouldn't change my mission.

But the woman...

I went to the lake, hoping to clear my head of her.

But irony was my best company.

As if I had summoned her with my thoughts, she appeared in front of me at the lake. She was bathing; wisps of moonlight reflecting off forbidden patches of her skin. My mind was screaming to look away, but I couldn't.

Anyways, the water was too deep and the sky too dark to see anything but her shadows and her shoulders. She was dipping low in the water, looking up at the sky in empty hopelessness.

It was the same broken aura she had when I saved her in the forest.

Before I knew what I was doing, I leaned against the tree next to me and watched her stare emptily into the sky. She had a vulnerability to her now - something I wouldn't see again at camp.

Whatever. Why did I care about that anyways? I had no real feelings for her outside of my profession. I barely knew anything about her.

But more importantly, I knew it was dangerous to love. Father taught me that. Watching him lose his mind over Mother was painful for all of us. And Yujin... I never knew how I felt about her. I loved her deeply as a sister - just as I loved Hoseok as a brother - but there were pockets where I thought of something more. I always stopped those thoughts, however, before I could fully explore them. Why label your feelings when something could never be?

Even in her death, I couldn't think about how I truly felt. Why bother loving the dead?

"Show yourself," a frail voice commanded.

I smirked to myself. Hoseok was right. Her body betrayed her intentions. Acting tough... but probably more broken than the rest of us. How could I allow her to walk onto the frontlines when the only person she could hide her emotions from was herself?

"I said show yourself," she said, a little stronger this time.

I stepped forward. "Is that what you really want?"

She dipped lower in the water, her face going whiter than the moonlight.

"How long have you been there?" she asked. "Are you some sort of pervert?"

She was staying in a camp of all men, sleeping in a tent with a total stranger, and I was the pervert?

Well... I was watching her bathe.

"Everyone's some sort of pervert," I replied.

The more I stepped forward, the deeper she dipped down. I couldn't help but feel powerful - it was going to be really hard for her to talk back to me when she was completely exposed.

"Do you often sneak out here?" I asked.

"If I did, I wouldn't tell you."

"I own you. You need to tell me everything."

Because if I don't own you, you're dead.

"Property of Min Yoongi?" she asked. "Isn't that Hoseok's line?"

Something stirred in my blood when she referred to herself as my property - while naked nonetheless - but it quickly ran cold at the sound of Hoseok's name.

This bastard... he never understood our mission. There was no telling what he would—

"I own Hoseok," I said, cutting off my own thoughts. "He can't own you without my permission."

She tried to harden her face into something defiant but failed. "Didn't you give him permission to do anything he wants with me?"

I swallowed. What? Was she accepting that now? Maybe she was easier to... persuade than I anticipated.

Whatever. Not my business.

But... I could bring her into my business... couldn't I?

Suddenly, a brilliant idea struck my brain.

"Within reason," I replied. "But I own you both."

And I could make sure my unpredictable second became predictable. Hoseok had been slipping in terms of judgment ever since Yujin's death. He wasn't getting sloppy, per se, but he was getting more aggressive. The same way my father did before he lost his mind completely.

I couldn't have a soft spot for Y/N... but Hoseok undoubtedly would.

I could use that to keep him in line.

Because if I didn't, I would lose him to the darkness I saw building within him.

Y/N... You just became quite useful to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a rough week, Tigers, not going to lie. But seeing Suga's comeback has boosted my spirits! AGUST D IS BACK! :D