Hoseok's Ending

There was a scream.

You opened your eyes, the man in front of you no longer holding his sword, but instead, trying to dislodge a knife from his chest.

The other two behind him were struck by throwing knives in the chest and neck as well, and while they tried to pull the knives from their bodies, you elbowed your holders and slashed them with your own knife. They backed away, pulling their swords. 

But they didn't reach you.

A shadow dropped in front of you, and you raised your arm to strike - but stopped.

"Thank you for finding my pet, gentlemen. She escaped the fence."

Hoseok glanced over his shoulder to smirk at you, turning back to the opponents in front of him. He thrust a sword in both of them, while a few other men came from the trees to his aid. Hoseok's allies soon outnumbered his enemies, and before you could grasp the entire situation, the enemy had surrendered and fled.

 Hoseok's allies soon outnumbered his enemies, and before you could grasp the entire situation, the enemy had surrendered and fled

Hoseok kept his sword drawn, his eyes burning through you as blood dripped from his blade. Stepping forward, he wrapped his other arm around your waist and pulled you tight against his body.

"You awful woman," he growled. "How can you run off and die for another man? You're my property, remember?"

There wasn't a twinge of irony in his eyes when he said it.

He leaned his forehead against yours.

"Let's go home," he whispered.

You smiled and nodded.

Hoseok whistled for Mang and you settled into the saddle, riding back to camp together, his body tight against yours. You nestled back on his shoulder, smiling.

He came for you. Despite everything, he came.

Your heart panged at the thought of Namjoon, but you knew he wouldn't die so easily. You would hear from him again.

But you already found the place you belonged.

It was nightfall by the time you reached camp. The men were excited to have you back, even though Yoongi was furious that you left without permission

"Do you have any idea what might have happened?" Yoongi scolded. "Of all the stupid --"

"I'll be the one to punish her," Hoseok interrupted, his eyes sparkling. "I'm her master, after all."

Yoongi looked between you, his eyes scrunching with his nose.

"As you wish," he said before walking away.

You shifted your weight to your good leg. Hoseok's eyes wandering down to your feet.

"You're hurt," he said. "Serves you right for leaving me. Come on. Let's get it dressed."