Chapter 10 - Master

"You wait outside."

It was a command, not a suggestion. The four men carrying Hoseok to the medic tent glared at you as they went inside. You were sure Hoseok would have been just as angry, had he been conscious.

After a few moments, two of them came back out, standing next to the door as if to block you from going in. As much as you wanted to defy them, you couldn't. You didn't have the strength.

Lowering yourself to the ground, you tried to catch your breath as the familiar ache of self-pity and defeat rushed over you.

Hoseok was right - you pushed yourself too hard. You didn't obey orders. You didn't listen.

And now he was in the medic tent, bleeding to death.

Because of you.

All because of you.

The only damn person in five years who had...

You shuttered, grabbing your elbows to keep your hands from shaking. You wanted to vomit. You bit your lip, as if somehow it would help the ache in your gut. Every muscle throbbed, taunting your weakness and your stubbornness until you wanted to rip off your own skin.

Footsteps shuffled behind you, and a shadow spread across the dirt.

Yoongi always looked cold, but now he looked heartless.

He glanced at you for a moment, then to the other men. "What happened here?"

You opened your mouth to speak, but remembered Hoseok's words:

He didn't try to break my arm when you spoke out of turn.

You bit down hard on your tongue.

"The woman stabbed him," one of the men said. "He's bleeding from the neck and leg."

Yoongi's raised an eyebrow. "Was it an ambush?"

When a heartbeat passed and no one spoke, you answered. "No, Sir. I challenged him to fight and he accepted."

"Sir?" Yoongi echoed. His eyebrows matted together. "Did you say that you challenged him? Is this true?"

The other men confirmed.

Yoongi hissed as he laughed. "How in the hell did you pull that off?"

You trembled, bowing your forehead completely to the ground until the gravel bit into your skin. "Please forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt him."

"You challenged him to fight, but didn't mean to hurt him? That's the opposite of a challenge." He rolled his eyes. "Stay here, woman. Your forgiveness will be based on the damage you've dealt."

When you dared to lift your head, Yoongi was gone.

"Miss?" a new voice called out. "What are you doing on the ground? Why aren't you in your bed?"

A pair of soft hands touched your arms, Jimin's light voice encouraging you to get up. You shook your head at him, staying low to the ground.

"My place is here," you said.

Jimin looked up to others, asking what happened. One of the men quickly reiterated what you told them when you had ran to them after the incident. 

Jimin sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "It's all my fault. I mentioned the mission day. If it wasn't for me..."

"It wasn't you, Jimin," you said. "This was my doing. I had the choice to obey orders."

Silence passed as you tried to steady your trembling lips. Jimin crouched down next to you, his hand on your back in quiet reassurance.