Chapter 4 - Innocence

Beyonce's POV:

Joseph's daughter holds the door open for me as I step outside the studio; she follows my lead and closes the door behind her. For the first time since meeting her, I notice she looks a lot like Michael from the group Prettyboy Allstars; she has the same adorable big eyes, cute little nose and high cheekbones.

"Sorry I had to ask you to leave the room" she says in that gentle voice; she seems almost as shy as me.

"It's fine, the vibe in there isnt the best" I admit, as we lock eyes again for the third time today.

"Yeah, I could tell you needed a break" she laughs softly; my heart skips a beat when she bites her lip, making her look even more like the cute one from PBA.

Are those butterflies in my stomach?

"I just wanna let you know it's ok if you dont wanna be in the group anymore. I understand it's nothing like what you were expecting. You've got this innocence about you, I see it in your eyes. And I wouldnt want you to get involved in something that could take that away from you. I mean if this music thing is what you really wanna do, you can be a solo artist. I can talk to my dad and have that arranged for you. You dont have to compromise who you are and support something you dont believe in. Ok?"

I try to stop myself from smiling so hard but my face just wont relax; I'm grinning from ear to ear because I'm touched by everything she just said.

Awwww.... Is someone looking out for me?

"Wow! That's very sweet of you, um, um_" I feel silly that I've failed to remember her name, but I know it's coz I'm getting all nervous.

"MJ. It's short for Michaela Josephine" she flashes me the most beautiful smile.

"Duh! Of course it's MJ" I hit myself on the head for forgetting "and Michaela Josephine is a beautiful name."

"Thank you" MJ blushes "I like the name Beyonce but I think I'ma call you Bey for short."

"That's cool, Chris calls me that all the time."

"Who's Chris?"

"Oh sorry, Chris is my boyfriend."

MJ nods slowly and sticks her tongue in her cheek, "I see".

There you go again with those facial expressions.

The look on her face does something to me and I giggle like a silly little girl.

"What's funny?" She asks.

"You" I reply "you're funny. You look just like Michael from PBA, you know, your label mates?"

"Girl, I know who PBA are, they my boys! I've known three of them since I was a kid and Michael is my brother."

"I knew it! I mean I didnt know but that makes so much sense now, with his dad being called Joseph, Oh my God, it's Joseph! Wow... you remind me of him so much, except you're lightskinned and, well, you're a girl."

"Actually, I dont really see myself as a girl. I'm just like one of the boys except for when I start bleeding down south" she looks down at herself and back at me.

I cover my mouth as I burst out laughing "that's so funny, you're funny."

"Ok that's the second time you've called me funny" MJ says through her adorable laugh "I hope I'm funny in a good way and not a bad way."

I playfully hit her arm "obviously it's in a good way, you're making me laugh."

"Good. Just had to make sure you're laughing with me and not at me."