Chapter 30 - Xrossroads

Later that evening - Beyonce's POV:

I listen with closed eyes as Jesse says grace, "for good food and those who prepare it, for good friends with whom to share it, we thank you Lord."

"For food in a world where many walk in hunger" I add, "for faith in a world where many walk in fear, for friends in a world where many walk alone, we give you thanks, O Lord" I make the sign of the cross over the food on the table with my right hand, "amen."

"Amen" Jesse and daddy say at the same time; the three of us open our eyes and start eating.

"She's an amazing cook, isnt she?" daddy watches with a smile as my fiancé enjoys his dish of gumbo, jambalaya and Indian Frybread; we're sitting in the kitchen, having dinner and discussing our future plans as soon-to-be newlyweds.

"She's just perfect" Jesse talks with his mouth full as he gives me a loving look; I blush and hang my head down.

You're not perfect to me, but you're perfect to daddy and that means a peaceful life for me.😊

"Thank you, baby" I smile as I tease the food on my plate with my fork.

Jesse smiles back, "it's only the truth. I feel like the luckiest man in the world."

"You're very lucky indeed, my soon-to-be son in law" daddy says pridefully; he raises his glass of orange juice and makes a toast, "to family!"

"To family!" we clink our glasses together as we echo his words.

As I put my glass down, my phone starts ringing; it's Kelly.

"So how was it at the office today?" I hear daddy ask Jesse, as I answer my phone.

"Hey, gworrl, wassup?"

"I just broke up with Future" Kelly cries down the phone, "he been cheating on me, Bey."

"Beyonce, what did I tell you about answering your phone during Family Fridays?" daddy asks, trying to sound young and hip.

"It's Kelly, she's crying" I move the phone from my ear; daddy sighs and glares at me in disapproval.

"Let her talk to her friend, I'm sure she wont be long," Jesse says to him, "besides, it's just more bonding time between the two most important men in her life."

"Please excuse me" I say to them, getting up to leave the kitchen.

"You're absolutely right!" I hear daddy agree with Jesse as I walk out of the kitchen.

"Sorry, I had to come out the kitchen. What the fuck?" I say, pressing the phone back to my ear, "cheating on you with who?"

"Some hoe called 'Lil Baddie'. You know anyone called that?"

"No, never heard of her."

"You sure? Coz from what I'm hearing, she fucks with Chris. Gurl, she could be the reason he broke up witchu."

My eyes pop out, "where you getting this from?"

"Future's friend, Kid Ink. You know he's always liked me....anyway, he just started working at this barber shop that Chris goes to and all the guys there watch eachother and gossip. Niggas talk just like bitches."

"Lil baddie, huh?" I scoff, "I aint even trippin. I'm worried about you, are you ok? Should I come over?"

"No, it's cool, I'll be alright. I dont wanna disrupt you and your fiance's quality time together, I'ma just go to sleep."

"Heyyy, Yonce's here for you. You know if you need me, I'ma drop him like he's hot."

"Jesse is hot, tho" Kelly laughs; I admire her strength, she cracks jokes even when she's sad.