Chapter 43 - Coming Out The Closet part 1

Beyonce's POV:

"Baby you KILLED that song, I'm so proud of you! And did you hear my mom? How impressed was she! I swear she's crazy bout chu! I knew she'd lose her mind over your voice! I knew it!"

I look over at MJ and force a smile as we sit in her sexy new ride - a blacked out Bugatti; normally, I would be impressed but I have a bad feeling in my stomach that's making it hard for me to appreciate all the good that's going on around me.

MJ drops the grin on her face and pulls her door shut, "why you gone all quiet on me?"

I put my seatbelt on, "no reason."

"Talk to me, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

"You wanna do this another time?"

I sigh, "let's just get it over and done with."

MJ gently looks in my direction and I can feel her intensity burn holes through the side of my face, "you dont wanna do it. I can tell. You dont wanna get married to me."

I shoot her a look that could freeze water, "YOU KNOW NOTHING!"

"Well talk to me then! You've obviously got a lot on your mind and if you share some of those thoughts with me, maybe I'll know something."

I turn right away from her and glare at the window, "just drive."

"Is dude still sending you disturbing messages?"

"My phone's been off since we started recording."

"OK" she breathes, "you ready to roll out?"

"Whatever."

MJ dramatically slams her body back against her seat, her eyes closed like she's having a woosah moment, "can we lose the attitude?"

I sigh and put my hand over my face in frustration, "do you realize how hard this is for me? Do you realize what this means to me? DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT I'M SACRIFICING?"

"Look, I know you're scared..."

"THAT'S NOT ALL OF IT!"

"HEY!!! WHAT I TELL YOU BOUT RAISING YOUR VOICE AT ME! TURN IT DOWN OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I gasp from the emotional pain of being yelled at like a worthless little girl who doesnt matter, "how dare you."

"No, how dare you! The fuck you yelling at me for? I know this aint easy for you but it aint like I'm enjoying it! It always feels like I gotta fight to have you and I aint ever had to fight for anything else in my life!"

"That's right, you've never had to fight for anything in your perfect little life, have you, MJ? Everything seems to just work out in your favour! And I bet it doesnt even feel like you're fighting, you know you've already won. You're relaxed as shit!"

"No, I aint relaxed!"

"Oh you aint relaxed, huh? So you scared too? What you so fucking scared about?"

MJ rubs her chin as she expresses a bitter chuckle; her eyes are vacant, gazing straight ahead into the windscreen.

"Come on answer me! Why are you scared? Let me guess, you scared somebody's gonna try to steal your precious car once we get to nasty, ghetto ass 5th Ward? Is that what's scary to you about all this, Mickie Jo? Why dont you just sit us in something less expensive and save yourself the trouble of having to do a U-turn once you roll out the driveway!"

"I cant, I dont have any less expensive cars. All three are equally as expensive as this one, I've done some serious upgrading since those days."

I suck my teeth, pissed off at the fact that she actually replied.