First Muster: Chapter 1

***

***

"Sit up straight Yeora!" the mistress scolded the lady who seems to be off to dreamland at broad daylight.

"You are in this cluster, be gratefull," the mistress warned her.

She never wanted to be here. She wanted to be in a normal class like everybody in her town is. She felt her phone vibrate and for a second there, she thought of looking at the screen. She wouldn't, now that the mistress watchess her with hawk eyes.

Her chest starts to constrict which is a normal thing for her. She knew she'll soon feel the blurring of her eyes. So without second thoughts, she raised her hand to tell the mistress what she feels.

In no time, the mistress escorted her to their school's clinic. She is genuinely afraid for Yeora who seems to be in a physical pain ever since she became her student. She's valuable to her and she sees potential in her to give honor to her family and the university.

Yeora knew why she was in that special cluster, it was a cluster for virgin sacrifices for the vampire king. It would be an honor for her family so she agreed of becoming one of the virgin sacrifices or VS as how modern people call them even though it means stripping off her freedom. Her class consists of 20 virgin females who'll be sacrificed to the king when they're in their right age. Yeora is in her right age and although she agreed to this, she can't hide the fact that she's terrified of death.

She heard numerous stories where the king would just kill all the presented sacrifices upon smelling their blood. Old folks say that if you're lucky enough, he'll take you as his queen.

Pathetic

She thought to herself. Why would anyone want to be a vampire's queen? I would just love to be killed by him by any means. He lived for so long, even her ancestors knew of him. He must be really really old looking.

This modern times, vampires were considered as fairytales but for Yeora and her family, they knew better. Her parents have seen multiple, living amongst the humans. Disguising as beautiful people and killing their prey without mercy just to quench their thirst for human blood.

Yeora was kept on a strict diet of healthy foods and her purity was kept unstained in fear of the king rejecting her. Some of the reasons why the earlier VS got killed instantly was because the king knew right then and there that the sacrifice is no longer a virgin.

"Why would he want a virgin anyway?" She once asked her mistress.

"Virgin's blood tastes sweeter than that of a child's or any other human. You were kept virgin for a reason," the mistress answered her.