Third Muster: Chapter 51

***

***

With worry weighing Yeora's mind down, she can't think straight at the moment. After their successful passing from the lagoon to the ocean, the coldness of the water didn't even help. Her, consuming the seaweed that could make her breath underwater was no problem but her legs aren't strong enough to go against the ocean's strong current.

Even with her strength, she finds it hard to keep up with the mermen. Two things are weighing her thoughts down. Is jungkook safe? Is Jimin still alive? All the trouble she had to go through makes her mind weak.

She's at the state where she is mentally exhausted. She misses Jimin. She misses everything when all she had to think about was look for The Havens and not all this trouble. It's upsetting her and although she's not showing it, it's still eating her from the inside. She release air from her mouth and bubbles can be seen going up into the surface.

They're going deeper and deeper so some of the mermen needed to hold her hands with them as they swim down into the trench where Jimin's subtle energy is being emitted. And as they go down into the dark waters, unknown creatures starts to surface as they murmur with each other.

It's quite diffcult for Yeora to understand but because the king of the ocean is with her, she just ignores them until someone pulls at her leg. Yoera's eyes glowed red as anger boils her blood.  The red glow that her eyes are emmitting scared the creatures away and hide back into the dark.

"Calm down your majesty. It's their first time seeing a pair of legs. Once they're agitated, they could annihilate all of us here," the king spoke, his trident guiding them with the light it's emitting.

As if it wasn't enough, the chatters kept getting louder as they near a bubble stuck into the roots of a tree that's oddly present into the depths of the water. Yeora felt it, the presence of Jimin.

She then points at it and the king was right. This is the best place to hide King Jimin. He won't be able to do anything here. He is in a deep slumber and weak.

Yeora reaches the bubble and can see Jimin enclosed inside, deeply sleeping. Due to lack of oxygen and blood, his hair has become raven black. Lips parted and pale. His skin almost as stark as white.

"What should we do? Once we burst the bubble, he won't be able to breath?" Yeora seeks for advice.

Jungkook's father thinks of a way on how to make him breath before they could even get his body out of the roots.

Finally, a good plan comes into mind.

He sticks his hand into the bubble and creates a new bubble that will only enclose his head. That way, he could breath for a while.

"This solution is the easisest way. It would only give us enough time to be in the surface," he says and proceeds to burst the larger bubble he's enclosed in. Water immediately drenched his clothes and his body hits the roots gently.

Yeora tries to pry the root away but everytime she tries to stretch it, it only tightens, until Jimin's body is hugged by the roots tightly. The bubble in his head isn't taking the preasure good. Any time, it might burst.

Yeora got so impatient that she starts slashing the roots. This was a grave mistake, it made the creatures of the trench angry. They start swimming towards them and by the time they're about to reach Yeora's company, she was able to pull Jimin out.

The king and his 8 mermen soldiers were busy fighting the creatures. They looked so terrifying. They had a tail like a mermaid's but the half of their body where more reptilian type and their heads were just skulls. Sharp fangs shows and long nails claws into them.

"We need to get out of here!" the king says and with one whip of his trident, the creatures that were nearby turned into ashes.

They started making way as the king does his job. Fortunately, no one got badly injured.

Yeora can feel Jimin's heart slowing down. "We need to go faster, he's dying," Yeora informs the king.

The king glances back and starts emmitting radars and within a minute, sharks came. Faster than ever and starts pulling them up into the surface. The creatures were left behind as they are not allowed to go past the trench. With the help of the sharks, they were able to arrive at the lagoon's opening from under the water.

Yeora pulls Jimin up the surface and swims into the dry land. The bubble burst just in time and Yeora starts biting her wrist and draws blood from her arm. She wasted no time and pulls Jimin's chin down and transfers the blood through her mouth. Her lips touches his, blood escapes from the sides of his mouth but Yeora didn't stop.

She repeats this a couple of times until she's sure that he gets all the blood he needs. The desperation in her to save Jimin is like fire. She can't lose him.

Not now, not ever.

"Here,'' Jungkook's father hands her a vial that contains his blood. "That should be enough," he adds.

Yeora grasps it, "Thank you," she expresses her gratitude and proceeds to let Jimin drink every drop of it.

"That's nothing compared to what his majesty done for me and my people," he stood up with dignity once he's done transforming and stands into his defence mode infront of Jimin's body.

"We will fight along side you. You have our loyalty," Jungkook's father speaks with pride.

•••