Chapter 2

"You can't send one of us home!" A brunette argued. "We just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that's not fair!"

"Oh, and you think natural disasters are? Or power-hungry villains? Or catastrophic disasters that wipe out entire cities? Hm? No. The world's full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to combat that unfairness. If you wanna go to, you're going to have to push yourself past your limit. For the next three years, UA will throw hardship after hardship at you, so go beyond. Plus ultra style." Aizawa said. "Show me it's not a mistake that you're here."

-Test 1: 50-Meter Dash-

I watched as Iida and a girl with frog-like features, Tsuyu, went first. Iida completed it in 3.04 seconds, and Tsuyu finished in 5.58 seconds.

Next was the brunette, Uraraka, and the boy with a tail, Ojiro. Ojiro finished in 3.34 seconds, and Uraraka finished in 7.15 seconds.

After them was a boy with a belt, Aoyama, and a girl with pink skin, who I heard was Mina. Aoyama propelled himself backward using a bright, blue beam and Mina slide on acid that was created by her quirk. They both finished at a similar time, but Mina was a little faster.

Then Bakugo and Midoriya went. Bakugo used his explosions to propel himself forward while Midoriya just ran.

'That's odd, why isn't he using his quirk. Maybe it just wouldn't help him with the test.' I thought, with a bit of confusion.

I was next with a boy with blonde hair named Kaminari. When the gun fired, I quickly slide forward, turning the ground in front of me to ice right before I slide over it. I finished in 4.54 seconds and Kaminari finished in 5.35 seconds.

-Test 2: Grip Strength-

My quirk wasn't really the best for this test, so I just had to rely on my normal strength. Grabbing on to the grip tester, I squeezed the handle and looked at my score. 60.4 kg. I sighed, knowing this would happen.

"Wow, you hit 540 kg, your such a beast!" A boy with black hair, Sero, said to someone else. I looked over and saw he was talking to a boy with multiple arms. It made sense that he got that score with a quirk like that.

-Test 3: Standing Long Jump-

The next test was the standing long jump. Just like before, I wasn't able to figure out a way to use my quirk for this test. Almost everyone flew over the sandpit. But, when I took my turn, I landed just barely before the pavement.

-Test 4: Repeated Side Steps-

I had a bit of trouble figuring out what I was going to do for this test. But, I ended up not using my quirk. I had a lot of practice moving like this when I rehearse for concerts, also, Mai, my dance choreographer has made me do this multiple times before, so I still ended up with a pretty good score.

-Test 5: Ball Throw-

This was the first test Aizawa had shown us and I was a little excited about it. First, Uraraka went, and when she threw the ball, it never came back down. Aizawa showed us the distance and the device showed an infinity symbol. Some of the students around me were muttering something, but I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying. After Uraraka, a few more students went before it was my turn.

I stepped up to the circle and took a deep breath. I threw the ball, then quickly created a bird-like creature out of ice and had it fly over to the ball and carry it further than I would've ever thought I'd be able to throw it. The bird only shattered when it too far away from me. Aizawa showed the class my score. 643.74 meters. That's more than what I thought it would end up being, so that's cool.

After a few more student's Midoriya went, but when he threw the ball, it didn't land much farther away from where it would if a normal person was throwing it.

"I was definitely trying to use it," Midoriya muttered, looking at his hand in shock.

"I erased your quirk," Aizawa said, his eyes were red and his hair was floating in the air, with his scarf floating around him. "That entrance exam was not rational enough. Someone like you should've never been able to get into this school."

I looked at Aizawa and immediately recognized him as the hero Eraserhead.

I listened to Aizawa lecturing Midoriya about how he can't keep breaking his bones every time he uses his quirk if he wants to become a hero. Once Aizawa was done, he let Midoriya have his final turn. I watched Midoriya reel back his arm and throw the ball, it ended up going a lot farther than it did the last time, but I noticed something. His finger was broken.

'That must be a drawback of his quirk.' I thought, before looking at his score. 705.3 meters. 'Impressive.'

Some of the students were complementing Midoriya, but seconds later Bakugo had started to yell at him.

"Hey, tell me what's going on, Deku, you bastard! Tell me how you did that or you're dead!" Bakugo shouted, running at Midoriya. But before he could reach the terrified boy, Aizawa's scarf was holding him back.

"Why the hell is your scarf so damn strong?" Bakugo growled, trying to pull at the scarf.

"It's a captured weapon, made of a special metal alloy," Aizawa explained. "Stand down. It'd be best for you to avoid making me use my quirk too much. It gives me some serious dry eye."

'That really sucks, that quirk is amazing.' I thought.

Aizawa deactivated his quirk and his scarf returned to where it was originally sitting on his shoulders. "You're wasting my time, whoever's next can step up."

I watched the rest of the students throw, then we finished the last couple of tests. Sit-ups, seated toe touch, and a long-distance run. In the end, me and the rest of the class were standing in front of Aizawa.

"Alright, here are your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst, you probably have a good idea of where your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list instead of going over every individual score." Aizawa said, pulling up a screen that had all of our scores. I scanned the screen looking for my name. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw I had come in 13th place. After I found my name, I looked for who had come in last, Midoriya Izuku.

"Just so you know, I was lying about the whole expulsion thing." Aizawa said once the screen disappeared and he looked toward the class with a forced smile, "It was a rational deception to draw out the limit of your quirks." He paused. "Now we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom. So you should look over them."

'That wasn't something I expected to happen.' I thought with a sigh as I followed the rest of the class back to our classroom, 'But if this is only the first day, then tomorrow will probably be more exciting.'