Chapter 5

We got to the monitor room and All Might told the heroes they could enter the building.

"Pay attention, students. Think about what you would do." All Might said.

I looked at the screens and watched Bakugo and Midoriya's fight. I could tell they were saying something, but I wasn't able to hear due to there being nothing hooked up to make it so we could hear them.

The rest of the battle went by and ended with Uraraka managing to get to the weapon and touch it. Which meant the hero team won. But even though they technically won, it feels like they didn't. Midoriya was all beat up and the building they were in was pretty destroyed.

"Well, despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is Young Iida." All Might announced, once Uraraka, Bakugo, and Iida were in the monitor room. Midoriya was in the nurse's office.

Iida looked at All Might in shock. Some students asked why it was him and not someone from the hero team since they won.

"Great question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" All Might asked.

Next to me, Yaoyorozu raised her hand. "Sir! I can tell you why. Iida was the only one who embraced this challenge for what it truly was, he was able to adapt to his assigned role. I'll explain. Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, launching a large scale attack indoors was a bad move, it could have been disastrous. Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage he received. He rendered himself helpless, which was not smart. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle, and her final attack was far too reckless given the hypothetical steaks. If she treated the weapon as though it was real, she would have never risked such an imprecise move." She looked at Iida. "Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival, he had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission, even if the plan failed in the end. Technically the hero team won, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trail."

I look at Iida, then Yaoyorozu, who had just finished her explanation. I wasn't expecting that from her. Though, I don't really know her that well, so I didn't know what to expect.

"Yes." All Might said, gaining everyone's attention, "Well you overlooked a few things like how Young Iida could've relaxed more, other than that, you nailed it."

"One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. That's the only way to become a top hero." Yaoyorozu stated.

"Now then, let's move to the next match. You guys should think about everything you saw to help you tackle this training exercise."

"Yes, sir!" The class exclaimed.

Once the next two teams started, I walked up to Yaoyorozu. "So... what should our plan be?"

"Well, before we work out a plan, could you tell me about your quirk?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Sure! I can create things out of ice and, depending on what it is, I can control its movements. Like I did during the quirk assessment test yesterday. I'd like to say I'm best at making animals and stuff like that, but I can also make just walls of ice or some things like that." I explained. "How about yours?"

"I can create anything from my body, as long as I know the atomic configuration." She informed.

"Wow, that's a cool quirk," I commented, smiling.

"Oh, thank you." She replied, and after a few seconds of silence, she started to explain what she had in mind for the plan.

* * *

I followed Yaoyorozu into the building and to the room with the fake weapon in it. Then, she started to make metal bars that fit in the doorway to sever as a blockade. Whenever Yaoyorozu made a bar, I would put it into place, then, when the door was covered, I created a layer of ice over it to hopefully help keep the bars in place.

We were up against Kaminari and Jiro. So, we thought this plan would work better against them than it would if we were going against most of our other classmates. While their quirks are strong, there not going to make taking down the barricade we made much easier than it would be if someone wasn't using their quirk.

"Ok, that's it," I said, taking a step back from the barricade we had just made.

"I hope this works," Yaoyorozu mumbled, standing up.

"It will. I know it will." I looked at her and smiled. I don't really know why she was doubting herself like that, but the least I could do was give her confidence. "This is a great plan."

She looked at me with a small smile. "Now, we just wait for them to find us, and try to destroy the barricade. If they are able to do it, we need to be ready for them."

I nodded, then turned to the door and we waited to hopefully hear something coming from the other side of the door. It didn't take long for the hero team to find us, considering Jiro's quirk allows her to hear pretty much everything in the building. We heard them try to break down the blockade, but they were on a time limit. When the time was up, they didn't make any progress with breaking it down.

"See, your plan did work!" I told Yaoyorozu, just after All Might announced that our team won.

"Yeah, it did," Yaoyorozu replied.

* * *

"The MVP of this round is Yaoyorozu! Her brilliant plan lead to an easy victory and it caused no property damage or harm to the other students." All Might exclaimed.

I smiled and looked at Yaoyorozu, who had a small smile on her face.

Once All Might finished talking, I tapped Yaoyorozu on the shoulder, "I knew you would get MVP."

"I'm just glad the plan worked," Yaoyorozu said.

"Yeah."

-Author Note-

Hello everyone, are you enjoying the story so far?

It took me a little while to figure out who Noriko's partner would be for the battle trail and what they would do. But I was able to figure it.

Also, here's Noriko's costume:

(My friend drew this for me and I'm very happy with it)

See you next week!

-Starlight