Chapter 9

When it was time for hero lessons, Aizawa stepped up to the front of the class, "Today's training will be a little different. You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

'Are we having three instructors because of the break-in? Or is it just because we need three teachers there?' I thought. And after a second of deciding whether or not to voice my question, I didn't.

Sero raised his hand. "Sir! What kind of training is this?"

"Rescue," Aizawa answered, holding up a card that had the word "Rescue" on it, "you'll be dealing with natural disasters. Shipwrecks, stuff like that."

Chatter arose from the students. I turned to Uraraka. "This'll be fun, huh?"

"Yeah!" Uraraka agreed with a smile.

"Guys, I'm not finished yet," Aizawa said, regaining the attention of the students. "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes," He pressed a button on a remote that opened the compartments in the wall that held everyone's hero costumes, "but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet and they may limit your abilities. This special training's in an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all, start getting ready."

I got out of my seat and grabbed the suitcase with my student number on it that had my costume, before following everyone to the locker rooms to get changed.

Once everyone got changed into their hero costumes we all gathered outside near the bus that would take us to the facility we were going to have our training at.

Iida blew a loud whistle to get everyone's attention, "Gather round, class 1-A! Using your student numbers, form two neat lines so we can load the bus efficiently."

Everyone got on the bus and found seats, ignoring Iida's seating plan.

"Mind if I sit here?" I asked Todoroki, the seat next to him being one of the few that were left available.

He looked up at me and my icy blue eyes meet his heterochromatic ones. "Sure."

I smiled and sat down. I didn't really pay attention to the conversation going on at the front of the bus until I heard Bakugo start yelling. I sighed and tried to tune him out, but he was just being too loud. It was getting on my nerves.

"Why can't he just shut up," I grumbled, just barely loud enough for Bakugo to hear.

"What did you say!" He yelled, turning to look at me.

I glared at him and raised my voice so he could hear me better, "To shut up."

That kind of set him off, I ignored every word he was saying and closed my eyes for a minute.

"Hey, hey, we're here. Stop messing around." Aizawa said.

"Yes, Sir." Everyone said.

We all got off the bus and were greeted by the pro hero, Thirteen. "Hello everyone, I can't wait to show you what's inside."

We followed Thirteen inside and I had to admit, I was amazed by everything I saw.

"A shipwreck, a landslide, a fire, a windstorm, Etcetera." Thirteen said. "I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disasters. I call it, the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. But you can call it U.S.J!"

'Universal Studios Japan.' I thought. I had been there once for a concert and this looked much cooler.

"Hey, where's All Might," Aizawa asked. Thirteen lowered their voice so only Aizawa could hear what they were saying before Aizawa raised his voice again and continuing. "The clock's ticking. We should get started."

"Great. Before we begin, let me just say one thing. Well, maybe two things. Possibly three, four, or five." Thirteen rambled.

"We get it." The class said.

"Listen carefully, I'm sure you're aware that I have a powerful quirk. It's called 'Black Hole'. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it to dust." Thirteen explained.

"Yeah, you've used your quirk to save hundreds of people," Midoriya added, an excited glow on his face that reminded me of when my brother got excited, the rare times that happens. And thinking about it, him and Midoriya would probably get along really well.

"That's true, but my quirk could easily be used to kill." Thirteen stated. "Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all quirks are certified and stringently regulated, so we often overlook how unsafe they can be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or make the wrong move, your powers could be deadly. Even if you're trying to do something virtuous like rescue someone. Thanks to Aizawa's fitness test, you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against people. Carry those lessons to this class. Today, you're going to use your quirks to learn how to save people's lives. You won't be using your quirks to be attacking enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero's all about. Ensuring the safety of others. That's all I have to say, thank you for listening."

"Right. Now that that's over-" Aizawa started but wasn't able to finish because the lights started to act weird and I noticed the fountain being weird too.

Then, purple mist showed up in front of the fountain and started to get bigger. Soon, villains started to walk out of the mist.

'No, this can't be real.' I watched as tons of villains started to pour out of the mist. The more and more of them that walked out of the mist-like portal caused more and more fear to fill me.

"Woah, what is that thing?" Kirishima questioned, leaning forward to get a better look at the misty portal. "Wait, has the training started already? I thought we were rescuing people."

Some people tried to walk forward, but Aizawa stopped them, "Stay back! This is real, those are villains."

I took a few steps back. I think I bumped into Todoroki, but I was too restricted by my own terror to notice. 'This can not be happening.' 

Then I heard someone start talking, I realized it was coming from the mist. "The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraserhead. Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well."

'I knew it. Yesterday's thing with the press did have something to do with villains.' I thought. I would've said something out loud, but I was too terrified to say anything.

"So you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus," Aizawa said.

"Where is he? We went through the trouble of bringing so many friends who are eager to meet him. They want All Might, the great Symbol of Peace." The man with hands all over him said. "I can't believe he's not here. Maybe if I kill a few kids, he'll come out to play."

I stared at the villains as they keep pouring out of the purple mist. There seemed to be no end to them. 'There's so many. How can we beat them all?'