Chapter 30

A few days passed since internships were announced and me and the rest of my class were at the train station, getting ready to leave for our internships. The thought of helping a hero with actual hero work was more than a little nerve-wracking, but I was still really excited.

"You all have your costumes, right? Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't lose them or anything." Aizawa said as he stood in front of the class.

"Right!" Mina exclaimed.

"Speak properly. It's 'yes sir', Ashido." Aizawa scolded.

"Yes, sir..." Mina grumbled.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships. Now, off you go." Aizawa added before dismissing the class.

"Yes, sir!"

The class separated, everyone headed for the train they needed to go to. But before I could go anywhere, Mina and Higakure walked up to me.

"I heard you're gonna intern with Aries! That's so cool!" Mina exclaimed.

"I love the clothes she makes!" Higakure added.

I was interning with the pro hero Aries. She's mainly known for her fashion company. From what I know, she has to balance hero work and work for her company. When I found out about her and that she gave me an offer, I was more than a little excited. The way she has to make sure her company doesn't take all her time away from her hero work, or the other way around, will most likely help me when I become a hero.

"Yeah. I was really happy when I found out she gave me an offer." I said with a smile. "Anyways, I have to get on my train. I'll see you guys when we come back to school."

"Ok, bye!" Mina and Higakure waved to me as I walked to my train.

* * *

After the train ride to Hosu City, I found myself in front of a large, glass, office building. I pulled the door open to reveal a large, open room with a reception desk at the back of the room.

I walked up to the desk and the receptionist looked at me for a second before she realized something. "Oh! You must be the UA student that's interning here."

"Yeah, I am." I confirmed.

"Wonderful, I'll call Miss Aries down here right away." She said as she picked up the phone and called someone. She said a few things to the other person on the phone before turning back to me. "She'll be down in just a moment."

"Ok."

A minute later, a small ding was heard and one of the elevators on the side of the room slid open. The white-haired hero, Aries, walked out of the elevator and over to me. The first thing I noticed was the curled horns that were around her sheep-like ears, which were a part of her quirk. Then I took note of her hero costume, which looked like an outfit someone would wear normally, with the top being a pink cotton sweater with no sleeves and a long sleeve, gray, cotton vest on over it. She had a light gray skirt on over black leggings and light pink combat boots on.  For her quirk, it was fitting. Her quirk lets her create cotton, as long as she was touching something made of cotton. 

"You're Noriko Hiromi, correct?" Aries asked, walking over to me.

"Yes." I answered with a small nod.

"It's nice to meet you. As you know, I'm Aries." Aries said, holding her hand out for me to shake. I took it and after breaking off the handshake, she continued. "Now, I'll give you a quick tour of the building. I'm just going to show you the places in the building you'll need to see. If I showed you everything in this building, it would take way too long."

"Ok."

Aries smiled, "Follow me." I followed her into the elevator and she pressed a button before the elevator started moving.

"I want to ask you something." Aries said as we waited for the elevator to climb the floors.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"I gave you an offer because you have lots of potentials, and because I thought you would do well if you interned here. But I didn't actually expect you to take my offer. You have a quirk that's not very much like mine. So tell me, why did you decide to intern here?" Aries asked, narrowing her orangish-yellow eyes.

"Well, you run a huge fashion company and have to deal with that and hero work. I'm going to end but doing something similar and I want to know the best way to do that. So I was hoping you could help me with that." I answered, a little nervous that she was going to ask me what I plan on doing, but I didn't let that show.

Aries hummed, understanding what I was saying. She thought about what I said for a minute when the elevator doors opened. I followed her out as she spoke, "I'm sure you'll learn how I do it after being here for the week. I put mostly put my company first, almost like I do hero work in my spare time. So it depends on what the other job is going to be like. If you plan on doing hero work more that work for your other job, then it would be a bit different from what I do."

I nodded. "Ok."

"Anyways, we'll worry about that in a bit." Aries led me into a bedroom and I quickly assumed this would be where I would be staying, and Aries confirmed that. "You'll be staying in this room. And before we continue, I'd like you to change into your hero costume. I'll wait here, be quick."

"Alright." I walked into the bathroom and closed the door before quickly changed into my hero costume.

When I walked out, Aries had an approving smile on her face. "Wonderful. The colors and design look good. It suits you."

"Oh," I glanced down at my costume. I didn't expect her to be judging my costume, but she is a fashion designer, so I guess I should've expected it. "Thanks."

Aries flashed me a smile before she spun around and started to lead me out of the room. "Now, off to the next place."

-Author Note-

I'm back and I know what I'm doing with the internship arc! I actually have a pretty good plan now for how this will go and I really hope you guys like it. I had a bit of trouble coming up with a hero for Noriko to intern with, but I think Aries is good enough.

Anyways, chapters are still going to be pretty slow. I'm probably gonna get the next one out next week, or at least try. Even though we're stuck at home, I'm somehow writing probably less than I did before. But I'm doing the best I can and I'll hopefully stop playing video games and write instead.

I hope you all have a good week and I'll see you soon!

-Starlight