Chapter 21

Sero and Todoroki's match ended very quickly. Todoroki won within seconds of the match starting. He trapped Sero in a large glacier that could have been seen from outside the stadium. I felt pretty bad for Sero. He was put up against someone he didn't stand a chance against.

After that was Kaminari versus Shiozaki. Kaminari wasted all of his energy in one attack and ended up brain dead without doing any damage to Shiozaki because of the wall of vines she created to protect her. Then, she used more of her vines to hold Kaminari in the air. That fight was also over very quickly.

Then, it was time for Iida and Hatsume's match. Hatsume had let Iida use one of her inventions and ended up using him to show off all of her other creations. Though, I didn't stay and watch the whole match, since mine was up next.

While I was in the waiting room, I watched Hatsume use Iida to demonstrate all of her inventions. She turned her and Iida's fight into a 10 minute commercial for the support companies. I was kind of glad that I didn't have to watch all of it.

Finally, it was my turn. I walked out toward the stage as Present Mic introduced me and Aoyama.

"Let's hope that gaudy belt serves some kinda purpose. It's Yuga Aoyama from the hero course!" President Mic announced Aoyama before me. "Versus, the hero course's very own ice queen, Noriko Hiromi!"

A mix of excitement and nervousness filled me as I walked onto the stage. "You're going down," I said, a small smirk forming on my face.

"I do believe you're wrong," Aoyama argued.

"Now, let's get started! Fifth match... Begin!" Present Mic yelled.

"Navel laser, activate!" Imminently, Aoyama started shooting his navel lasers at me. I slid around on my ice and pretty easily dodged his attacks.

After a few of his short blasts, he used a much larger one. "Here's a big one!" The blast shot toward me, but I was able to easily dodge it.

Aoyama was complaining about his stomach when I created a slightly oversized ram made of ice that charged toward Aoyama and picked him up using its horns. Then it ran out of bounds and the ice shattered, dropping Aoyama on the ground.

"Aoyama is out of bounds. Hiromi is the winner of the match!" Midnight announced.

I smiled, the fight wasn't very difficult, but I know Aoyama tried and that's what matters. I glanced around the crowd and somehow managed to pick my brother and Ryu out of the crowd. I waved to them, not caring if they knew I was waving at them and not just the entire audience before I walked off the stage and off the field to head back to the stands where the rest of my class was.

* * *

When I made it back to the stands, Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami's fight had already started.

"That was awesome, Hiromi!" Kirishima exclaimed.

I sat down in my previous seat and flashed him a smile, "Thanks."

"You're amazing! I didn't know you were that strong!" Midoriya completed.

"You did good during your match earlier, too," I replied.

Midoriya's gaze shifted from me back to the battle going on below us from the unexpected praise. "It wasn't that great."

"Don't underestimate yourself. You did great." I stated.

When Midoriya didn't respond and I went back to watching the match.

Yaoyorozu was being pushed closer toward the boundary line every time Tokoyami's Dark Shadow hit the shield she created and recreated whenever it fell from her hands. Soon, she was out of bounds and Dark Shadow had stopped attacking. She didn't even realize it till Midnight had said something to her. I felt bad for Yaoyorozu, she didn't even get a chance to fight back.

The next match was Kirishima versus Tetsutetsu. Since their quirks were so similar, the battle was just them doing the same attacks on each other. The match dragged on for a while before it finally ended in a tie. It was announced that they would do a simple contest for a tiebreaker, like an arm-wrestling contest.

Then, it was time for Uraraka and Bakugo's match. I was a bit worried about Uraraka since Bakugo isn't to one to ever go easy on someone for any reason.

"The final battle in the first round of matches. He was kind of a hotshot in middle school, and just look at that determined face! From the hero course, Katsuki Bakugo. Versus, the one I'm personally rooting for, also from the hero course, Ochaco Uraraka!" Present Mic introduced the two final competitors. "Let the eighth match... Begin!"

Uraraka ran toward Bakugo and he made an explosion that sent her backward. Then, Uraraka tried to get Bakugo to float by using her jacket as a decoy. But Bakugo was able to get to her before she got to him. The same thing kept on happening over and over. Uraraka kept charging at Bakugo and he kept counter-attacking.

It was started to get ridiculous and soon, the audience started to boo Bakugo. I didn't know if I agreed with what they were saying or not. But either way, Aizawa made a speech about how Bakugo knew Uraraka's capabilities and was working on making sure he was able to defeat her. Bakugo wasn't just messing with her like the people in the audience suggested, he knew she had the power to make it this far, so he wasn't going to go easy on Uraraka.

Then, Uraraka sent down a shower of rocks that she had floated up earlier while Bakugo was attacking her. As the rocks fell, she ran toward Bakugo to try to get close enough to him to make him float. But Bakugo used one huge explosion and blast back the rocks and Uraraka.

When she tried to get up to attack him again, she was too weak to stand and fell over. Midnight deemed her OK'd and Bakugo won the battle.

"She really pushed her limits during that," I said as I watched Uraraka be taken off the stage on a stretcher. "It must've been hard for her to get hit by those explosions and float all of those rocks."

"Yeah..." Midoriya agreed.

"She tried her best," Iida added.

'I hope she's ok...' I thought before Present Mic started announced something else.

"That's it for the first round. I was really rooting for her. Oh, I guess Bakugo's moving on." Present Mic announced without any enthusiasm.

"You're supposed to be unbiased, you know," Aizawa stated.

"Let's try to forget that depressing outcome." President Mic said, going back to his usual enthusiastic tone. "With that, the first round is over! We're gonna take a quick break and then we'll be back in the action!"