Chapter 6

Once all the battles were finished, All Might stood in front of the class with a proud look on his face. "That's a wrap! Super work, you really stepped up to the plate, and we didn't have any major injures other than Young Midoriya. You should be proud of yourselves, that was an excellent first day of training."

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class. Mr. Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill." Tsuyu stated.

"I'm happy to bring such excellent positivity to my students! That's all for now, folks. I should go check on Young Midoriya's progress. Now watch how a pro exits, like he's got somewhere to be!" He turned toward the exit and ran off with a gust of wind.

I looked down the hall that All Might had just ran down and sighed, 'I don't think I could ever be as good of a hero as everyone wants me to be. What if I let everyone down...' I shook my head to clear my thoughts and looked back at the class and listened to their conversations before following them to the locker room and changing back into my normal, school uniform.

* * *

At the end of the day, everyone was going over the results of the training, when the door slid open. I looked over at the door to see Midoriya standing there with his arm in a cast and bandages scattered around his body.

"Hey, it's Midoriya," Kirishima announced, walking over to him with me and some other kids. "It's great to see you doing ok."

"Yeah, I can't believe you held your own against Bakugo. He's super strong." Sero said.

"You did a great job dodging!" Ashido exclaimed, waving her hands up and down.

"You did great in the first match, so none of us held back in our matches either," I added with a smile.

"Far from elegant, but I suppose-" Aoyama started, but was interrupted by Ashido.

"And you dodging was like woo!" She jumped up and down.

Midoriya looked at them with a shocked expression on his face as if he wasn't used to the praise, and he probably wasn't.

"I'm Ejiro Kirishima, by the way," Kirishima said. "We've been going over the training result while you were recovering."

"Hi, I'm Hanta Sero."

"More importantly, I'm Aoya-"Aoyama was cut off by Ashido again.

"I'm Mina Ashido, call me Mina, and I just gotta say, your dodging was awesome!"

"Tsuyu Asui, but please, call me Tsu."

"Um, hey guys-" Midoriya started.

"My name's Mineta!"

Everyone continued talking for a few minutes before Uraraka walked over and asked, "Hey, Deku, why didn't she heal your injures?"

"Well, it has to do with how much stamina I'm using." Midoriya explained, before glancing around the classroom and asking, " Um, Uraraka, where's Kacchan?"

"We tried to stop him from leaving..." Uraraka started as I looked over at Bakugo's now empty seat, "but he wouldn't listen. You just missed him."

I decided to back out of the conversation when I noticed what time it was. I grabbed my stuff and walked out the door. I quickly made my way out of the school and to the train station. I told Ryu I'd start working on the choreography for my next concert after school, and I was already running a little late. And Ryu hates it when I'm even a second off schedule.

By the time I got home, I was just under 30 minutes late and Ryu was waiting for me at the door.

"Sorry, I'm late," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. I had a feeling this would happen. "I got caught up in something that was happening at school and lost track of time."

Ryu sighed, clearly disappointed. "Of course you did. Well, let's not waste any more time. Come on."

I followed Ryu inside and into the studio area of my house, which contained a recording studio, a few offices, and a dance studio. I walked into the dance studio and was greeted by Mai, my dance instructor.

"Come on Noriko, I know you're going to a hero school now, but you could try to make it here on time." Mai pouted, with a disappointed look on her face. "This isn't just your dance lessons, it's our bonding time."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, sorry, Mai, I'll watch the time next time." I apologized.

"You better," Mai said, one of her big, signature smiles on her face and her hand on her hips. "Now let's get started."

* * *

After an hour of figuring out what my dance routine would be for the next concert and practicing parts of it I didn't know how to do, Mai finally said we could have a break.

I sat down and sighed. Mai can be pretty pushy and she overestimates how much dancing I can do before I shut down. But she's a great dance instructor. She can also be really fun to talk to, though she does get annoying after a while.

"Here." I looked up and saw Mai holding out a water bottle. I smiled and took it from her, then took off the cap and started gulping the water down.

"Thanks," I said after I finished drinking the water.

"So... do you have anything going on in school you'd like to tell me about?" Mai asked, sitting down next to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on! You know what I mean." She said, smirking.

I realized what she meant and my face grew hot, "M-Mai! I don't like anyone! Besides, most of the boys there are idiots!"

"'Most of them'? What about the ones that aren't idiots?" She asked with an annoying tone.

"I-I don't know, I still haven't really gotten to know everyone yet!" I said, my face still feeling hot.

"Oh come on! There's not one boy there that sparks your interest?"

I violently shook my head, "No! There's not!"

She sighed and mumbled something underneath her breath that I couldn't hear before saying, "Well, promise I'll be the first to hear about who it is when it does happen."

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Now, you ready to get back to work?" Mai asked, standing up.

"Sure..." I sighed and walked to the middle of the room to go back to what we were doing a few minutes ago.