Chapter 22

It wasn't too long before Midoriya and Todoroki's match started. But before that, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had their arm wrestling match for a tie-breaker from their fight. It ended in Kirishima winning and him moving on to the next round.

As soon as the match started, Todoroki sent out an ice attack, which Midoriya was able to counter. The attack sent a large, cold gust of wind at the audience. This same thing kept happening a few more times before Todoroki tried to run in closer to Midoriya, which caused him to use an even more powerful attack. After a few more attacks, Todoroki tried to get in closer to Midoriya again to attack him, but Midoriya was able to dodge the attack. Then, he landed a solid punch on Todoroki. Todoroki staggered back before trying to attack Midoriya again. This kept on going on for a little while before Todoroki stopped for a minute and Midoriya was able to attack. Then Midoriya started talking to Todoroki about something. I was too far away so I couldn't hear what he had said, but afterward, Todoroki started to use the fireside of his quirk.

Not long after that, the battle ended with Todoroki as the winner. It was intense and Midnight and Cementoss had to stop Midoriya and Todoroki before they could end up killing each other.

There was a short break that took a little longer than I thought it would, before the stage was fixed. Then, the match between Iida and Shinozaki started.

Shiozaki tried to attack Iida, but he quickly dodged it with his recipro burst and then pushed her out of bonds. That match didn't seem like it took even more than a few minutes.

The next battle was mine. It was me versus Tokoyami.

"She won her last battle by creating a wicked-looking sheep! From the hero course, it's Noriko Hiromi! Versus... His dark shadow never gave his opponent a single chance to attack! Also from the hero course, Fumikage Tokoyami!" Present Mic announced as me and Tokoyami walked on stage. Then, after a short pause, he started the match. "Begin!"

Tokoyami's dark shadow immediately charged at me. I quickly created a wall of ice to block his attack, then I made the same ram from the last match and it charged toward Tokoyami. His dark shadow was able to destroy, but it gave me enough time to move a little bit closer to him and send ice up his legs to trap Tokoyami in place.

Then, I created another animal-like thing with horns, but it wasn't really an actual animal. It was more of just some large four-legged creature with horns and it looked more like some kind of monster from a story than an animal, but it was what I came up with at that moment and it worked. The creature ran at Tokoyami and shoved him out of bounds. The force of the attack was powerful enough to break the ice he was trapped in moments before and send him backward once he was out of bounds.

"Tokoyami is out of bounds. Hiromi advances to the next round!" Midnight announced. I smirked, pride filling me. I was able to beat two people in the tournament so far, which was way further than I thought I would ever get in this festival.

The crowd cheered and I waved to them. It was kind of a habit from all of my concerts. Then I walked off the field and headed back to where the rest of my class was.

When I got back, I sat down next to Uraraka, the next match was already staring by the time I got there.

I watched the match for a minute before turning my attention to Uraraka. "Hey, Uraraka? What happened to Midoriya? Is he going to be ok?"

"Yeah, I think so. But Recovery Girl said she had to perform surgery, so I'm a bit worried about him." Uraraka answered. She didn't have to say she was worried for me to know, her voice was clearly filled with concern.

But she wasn't the only one worried. After watching him and Todoroki's fight, I would be shocked if anyone, other than Bakugo, wasn't worried. "Oh, he has to have surgery?"

"Yeah." She replied, lowering her gaze to her hands.

"Well, it's normal to be worried about a friend when they're about to have surgery," I said, trying to make her feel better. "Besides, it's Midoriya. He breaks his bones daily, so I doubt a little surgery is going to hurt him."

Ururaka looked but at me with a weak smile, what I said seemed to have kind of helped. "You're right."

I flashed her a small smile before I turned my attention to the fight that was going on below me.

Kirishima was fighting Bakugo. I had always wondered which one of them would win in a fight. Kirishima's quirk was a perfect counter to Bakugo's. Kirishima kept throwing punches at Bakugo, but Bakugo was eventually able to overpower Kirishima. Kirishima had been using his quirk the entire match, and he was constantly getting hit by explosions, so when Bakugo used a barrage of explosions and the match ended with Kirishima being knocked out.

"With that vicious carpet bombing, Bakugo advances to the third round." Present Mic announced once the match was over. Then, the screen changed to show the four people moving on to the third round. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have our final four competitors!"

Confidence filled me as looked at the screen and saw my picture up there. I was one of the final four competitors. I had made it so far. There was no way I would lose now. But as I stared at the screen for a few more seconds, I realized something. I was going to have to fight Bakugo. I was somehow able to keep my fear from outwardly showing. Bakugo had shown no mercy to Ururaka and beat Kirishima. How would I even stand a chance?

I took a deep breath as my heart speed up. 'I could always just forfeit.' I thought before shaking my head. Even if Bakugo would be a challenging opponent, I was going to give it my best shot. There was no way I would just give up.

"Deku!" Uraraka exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up to see Midoriya standing there with one of his arms in a sling and the other wrapped in bandages.

"Hey, Midoriya. How did your surgery go?" I asked.

"It went great. Recovery Girl healed me enough so that I could walk." Midoriya answered, walking over to me and Ururaka to sit in the empty seat next to her. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your match, Hiromi?"

"Yeah..." I looked down. For a second, I had forgotten about my match. I took a deep breath and stood up. "Well, I'll see you guys later."

"Good luck!" Uraraka and Midoriya both said before I had walked away.

I made my way to the waiting room. I thought about ignoring Iida and Todoroki's fight so I could give myself a pep talk but found that distracting myself with watching their fight would be better than thinking about mine and freaking myself out.

Todoroki started the match by trying to corner Iida and then send him out of bounds with more ice. But Iida was able to jump up and avoid the ice and use his recipro burst to kick Todoroki. Then, Iida tried to throw Todoroki out of bounds, but he was able to stop Iida and trapped him in ice.

I took a few more deep breaths. My heart was still beating uncontrollably, but that was just something I had to deal with. I would give this fight my best shot, and if I don't win, then that's ok.

As I walked onto the stage, Present Mic was hyping up the crowd. His words only seemed to make me more nervous, while they made the crowd go wild. "And now, we have Bakugo versus Hiromi!"