Chapter 40

I wasn't released from the hospital for the next few days. Iida had been the first to leave, he went back to his family's house. Then the day after Iida left, Todoroki had stopped by at my room to tell me that he was going to back his internship. Another day passed and Midoriya was able to leave, and not long after that, I also went back to my internship. I only had a day left, so I didn't really do much of anything, but it was nice to see Aries before I had to leave.

After one hectic week, I was back in school with everyone else. I had taken my time getting to school since I had left earlier than I usually did. I had been trying to avoid Ryu. When I got home from the internships, Ryu had immediately asked what happened at Hosu. Apparently, the hospital had contacted him the day after I was admitted into the hospital. I told him that I just got into a bad accident during training and had nothing to do with the attack on Hosu. He believed me and before he could ask me any more questions, I had gone to talk to Shiro. I haven't really talked to him since then.

As I walked down the halls of the school, I spotted Todoroki as I walked around a corner. I speed up to catch up to him and maced his pace when I stood beside him. "Hey, Todoroki."

"Oh, hey, Hiromi." Todoroki replied, looking over at me. "Did all your injuries heal?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I answered, glancing down at where I had been injured during the fight with Stain. There was only a scar left where both of the wounds were, but remembering everything that happened seemed to bring back some of the pain that I had thought disappeared. I sighed and looked back at Todoroki. "How about you?"

"I was fine after I left the hospital." Todoroki said.

"That's good." I was quiet for a second before I continued, "I ended up telling Ryu that I wasn't even involved in the attack at all. When he asked why I was at the hospital, I just said it was because of an accident that happened during training."

"Why didn't you tell him what happened?" Todoroki asked with a slightly confused expression.

I stared at the floor for a few seconds before answering. "I... I guess I didn't want to make him worry. That and I didn't really want him to ask me a ton of questions about it. That's why I didn't really talk to him after I told him what happened..."

Todoroki didn't respond, and after a few minutes of neither of us not knowing what to say, we made it to the classroom. When we walked inside, not even half the class had arrived yet. We walked over to our desks and sat down. I thought about saying something to start another conversation, but then Midoriya walked into the classroom with Iida. "Hey, Hiromi, Todoroki." Midoriya greeted, walking up to us, Iida following him.

"Hey." I replied, happy that he came in so I didn't have to sit in awkward silence. "How are you guys?"

We're doing well." Iida answered. "How about you?"

"I'm a little tired, but other than that, fine." I said with a small smile.

"That's good." Midoriya replied.

"Yeah..." I sighed and leaned back in my chair. By now, almost everyone was in class. Ururaka seemed to have awoken something inside her, and Bakugo was having hair troubles. But after a few seconds, everyone's attention was on me and the three boys next to me.

"I heard you guys had a run-in with the Hero Killer. I'm glad you're ok." Kirishima said as everyone walked closer to the back where me, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida were.

"I was worried." Yaoyorozu added, a few others agreeing with her.

"Didn't Endeavor save you?" Higakure questioned.

I looked over at Todoroki, a little concerned. I know he doesn't really like his father, at all, and I didn't know how he'd react to having to let Endeavor take the credit for something he did. But all Todoroki said was, "Yeah."

"I saw on the news that the Hero Killer was connected to the League of Villains." Ojiro stated. "Imagine someone like that coming to USJ freaks me out."

'Imagining if someone like that attacked my studio is even scarier.' I thought, lowering my gaze to my desk, a bit of fear filling me. It was very possible for the League of Villains to attack again, since they know where I live, and knowing that they could bring murders with them next time was a terrifying thought. We would've moved, but it was difficult to find another place that fit all of our needs like the house we have now without building a new building altogether. We just made sure our security was ten times better.

"He is scary, but did you see that video?" Kaminari said, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh, I know what you're talking about. My brother showed it to me." I commented.

"Yeah. Seeing that, you can see he's really single-minded and tenacious." Kaminari explained. "It almost makes you think he's cool."

"Kaminari!" Midoriya exclaimed.

Kaminari tensed up as he realized what he had just said. "Oh! Sorry."

"No. It's fine." Iida said, looking down at his arm. "It's true that he was tenacious. I understand why some people could think he's cool. But he chose purging as a result of his beliefs. No matter what he thinks, that part is definitely wrong. In order to keep anyone else from turning out like me, I will once again walk the path of becoming a hero! Now, it's time to commence class!" Iida exclaimed. I smile seeing Iida act like himself again. I was a bit worried that everything that happened would keep him from being himself again. But clearly, I was getting worried for no reason. "Everyone take your seats!"