Chapter 38

But that peaceful moment was soon interrupted when a roar was heard from above us.

"Get down!" Gran Torino yelled, but it was already too late. The flying Nomu swooped down and grabbed Midroiya before anyone could do anything.

"Midoriya!" Me, Todoroki, and Iida yelled. I watched with wide eyes as the Nomu started to fly away with Midoriya, the wind from the Nomu's wings blowing back my hair. I tried to create something to shot down the Nomu, but using my quirk was practically impossible, and trying caused pain to rush through my body. The stab wounds from before began to hurt again. I winced and nearly fell over because of the pain. I tried to do something to help, but I failed.

Then, the Nomu started to fall from the air. I stared at it with shock, but then Stain ran past me. "This society is overgrown with fake heroes and the criminals who wave their power around." He said as he runs up to the grounded Nomu and stabbed it. "You should all be purged. This is all to create a more just society."

I stared at Stain, who had just seemingly save Midoriya. The heroes around me started talking about how Stain had just taken Midoriya as a hostage.

"Why are you all standing around?" I turned to see Endeavor running down the road. "The villain should be over here."

"How were things on your end?" One of the heroes asked Endeavor.

"Things got a little rough." He looked down the road at Stain and the fallen Nomu. "Is that the Hero Killer?"

Stain stood up, "You fake..." The look on his face filled me with fear. "I must make things right..." His murderous aura had completely filled the air around us. It terrified me. "I must take back what it means to be a hero!" My entire body started to shake in fear as Stain stepped closer. This was not the same man I had fought before. This was some monster. "The only one worthy of killing me is the true hero." His crazed eyes stared ahead and even though he wasn't staring directly at me, it felt he was staring me down. "All Might is worthy!" His monstrous aura felt like a wave of terror rushing over me. I was scared of him before, but nothing compared to this.

Then, it was gone. Something snapped and Stain was left frozen in place. I think he was unconscious, yet still standing.

He's... unconscious." Endeavor stated, confirming what I had just thought.

 The terrorizing aura from seconds before had still left me shaking. Then my legs gave out from the pressure and I dropped to my knees. The same thing had happened to Iida and Todoroki. I took a few shaky breaths to try to calm myself, but it didn't help. I was still horrified.

* * *

Soon after Stain had been knocked unconscious, the police and an ambulance had arrived. Stain and the Nomu were both restained and taken away while me, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida were rushed into the ambulance and taken to the hospital. I was lead to a separate room from Midoriya, Todoroki, and Iida before my wounds were treated and then bandaged. Then I was left alone so I could get some sleep. But I couldn't fall asleep and I laid awake for what felt like hours. Everything that had happened with the Hero Killer and all the Nomu that had attacked kept me from falling asleep. I kept replaying everything in my mind, thinking of things that could've gone better, or things that could've gone worse. The terror from what had happened with Stain after the fight had never really quite gone away yet. Everything about what had happened that night had still had me shaken.

Also, I kept on trying to figure out if I should text Shiro and Ryu. I didn't want to make them worry if they didn't already know what happened, but if they did, not hearing from me could make them worry more than telling them.

Eventually, I texted Shiro what happened. I made sure to emphasize the fact that I was ok and make sure it didn't seem like I had gotten terribly injured. It was really late, so I didn't really expect him to see it till tomorrow, but I left my phone on vibrate just in case before setting it on the nightstand next to the hospital bed.

I still wasn't able to fall asleep and soon I heard the sound of a short vibration. I grabbed my phone and read the text Shiro sent.

Wait. So you fought the Hero Killer? Like, the villain that's been killing a whole bunch of heroes? And you're fine?  Completely fine? How did you even make it out? You're at the hospital now right?

I sighed, and texted back a simple, 'can I call you' before he called me. The second I answered the phone I was bombarded with questions. "So you actually took him out? Are you ok? What exactly happened?"

"Slow down." I said into the phone. "I'm fine. I'm at the hospital now, but I didn't get any, um, major injuries.

"So you were actually able to take him down?" Shiro asked from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah. I had help from a few of my friends, but we were able to do it." I answered, taking a deep breath, remembered the fight again. "It was terrifying."

Shiro was quiet for a few seconds before saying. "But you're ok?"

"I'm fine. Like I said, I didn't get any major injuries and we all made it out." I said. Neither of us said anything for a minute before I said, "Was it on the news? That attack on Hosu."

"I didn't see it." Shiro answered.

"Do you think Ryu did?" I asked.

"Um..." Shiro pondered the question for a second before saying, "I don't think so. I don't think he worked late tonight and I'm pretty sure he's asleep now. But he'll defiantly see it in the morning."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Good. Please don't tell him. I'm not sure I really want him to know I fought the Hero Killer. I was a little worried I'd make you freak out, and I don't wanna make him worry, too."

"Oh, ok. So you just want me to not say anything?" Shiro questioned.

"Yeah. That would be great. I'll probably call him sometime tomorrow, if he doesn't call me, to let him know that I was fine and probably say that I wasn't involved in the whole incident."

"So you're going to lie to him?"

I sighed and didn't respond from a minute. "Yes."

"Oh, wow. I did not expect that." Shiro said. "But ok. Anyways, you probably need to get some rest. When you get back, you have to tell me exactly what happened. All of the details."

I small smile formed on my lips. "Ok, I will."

"Good." After a moment of silence, Shiro added, "Good night."

"Good night." I replied simply before I let Shiro hang up the phone. I pulled my phone away from my ear and glanced at it before setting it back on the nightstand. I closed my eyes, feeling a bit better knowing that Shiro wasn't worrying whether I was alive or not. After a while, I couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell asleep.