Chapter 33

The three hours of training were painful, and it was a relief when it was over. Aries had made me do the same limit training stuff over and over again until it was time for lunch. Every time, I was pushed way past my limit, and every time, I wasn't given enough time for breaks. It had gotten ten times harder the more I did it and I felt like it was just a waste of time. There was no way torturing myself like that was going actually help me, but Aries insisted that it would after a week or more of this training. But whether it was helping or not didn't change how glad I was when it was over. 

After training, we ate lunch and headed out on patrol. Before we stepped outside, Aries turned to me, "Ready?"

"Yeah." I replied with a small nod.

"Alright." Aries opened the door and I followed her outside.

We walked down the sidewalk, stopping a few times when people wanted Aries's autograph and pictures. Nothing much was happening and it was kinda boring. I had thought that going on patrols would be a little more fun, but it was really uneventful so far.

"Hey, Aries?" I spoke up as we turned a corner onto a different street.

Aries's attention moved from the buildings and people around us to me. "Yes?"

"Do things usually happen when you're on patrols?" I asked, curious as to if anything usually happens in this area or not. "Like, do you have to stop muggings and stuff like that?"

"Oh yeah. All the time. I find it pretty annoying, but some people just have to do bad things because they feel like it. It's not right, but it's how the world works." Aries sighed and went back to looking around the street. "But it seems that there's nothing going on today." Aries was quiet for a few seconds before she added, "Yet."

"Yeah..." My gaze drifted off the pro hero and to the people around us. As boring as this patrol may be, it's better than having people robbing banks and attacking other people.

But soon after our little conversation, our uneventful walk was interrupted by the sound of an explosion. Aries spun around to find the source of the noise. I glanced around as well and saw some people running from a burning building.

"There!" I yelled over the screams of civilians and pointed to the building.

"Come on!" Aries ran toward the building and through the crowd of terrified people. I followed close behind her and when we approached the building she gave me orders. "You can get up to those windows, right?" I nodded. "Ok then I need you to get up there and brake open the windows, then tell everyone you see to come to the windows and jump."

I spun around and stared at her in disbelief. "Jump!?"

"I'll have a ton of cotton out for them to make a soft landing, so it'll be fine." Aries explained, annoyance in her tone. "If you can, try to put out some of the flames."

"Got it."

I started examining the floors of the building in search of the floor with the most flames and the one that where this all started. Once I settled on one of the middle floors, maybe the third or fourth, I created a pillar of ice below me to raise me up to the windows of that floor. It seemed like the windows were locked and some people were struggling to get them open. I placed my hands on one of the windows and ice spread across it. The people who were at this window took a step back and more people crowded around them. After the window was completely iced over, I took a deep breath and shattered the ice, and the window with it.

"The heroes are here!" A lady shouted though I couldn't see her.

"We're saved!" Someone toward the front of the crowd added.

"Listen to me," I started, my voice raised so they could hear me, over the screams of other people. "I'm going to move over to a different window and break that one. Once I'm out of the way, I'm going to need everyone here to jump out the windows I break open." The people started to freak out at that, so I quickly added. "Aries made a cushion to break your fall, so you'll be fine."

Most people calmed down and the few that we're still panicking were being calmed down. I made my way over to the next window and broke that one. People had come to that window and started jumping out that one as well and into the pillow of cotton Aries had made at the bottom of the building. I broke a few more windows before made it back to the ground. The fire department and a few other heroes had shown up and were helping people get to safety.

After a few more minutes, the heroes were double-checking whether everyone had made it out safely and that the few people that were injured were getting help. Soon, almost all the flames were extinguished and everyone was safe.

Aries walked up to me once she cleared up the clouds of cotton. "Good job. You really help a lot."

"I was glad I got to do so much." I said with a smile. It felt really good to be able to help people. That was the whole reason I started singing, to try to help people with my music. Thinking about it now, being a hero would've been a better way to help people than singing, but either way, I loved the feeling of being helpful. It made me feel like I was making a difference in the world and that I had a purpose.

A few of the people who had escaped the building came up to me and Aries. "Thank you so much for your help."

"Of course. We're just doing our jobs." Aries replied, smiling. But seconds later smile faded and her tone was serious. "Do you know what caused this?"

The people looked at each other for a few seconds before one spoke up. "We're not entirely sure. But we think it happened because of a matanince error with something on the floor we work on."

Aries nodded and thought over this for a second before she said, "Well, the police will figure out what happened. For now, you three stay here until you are told you can leave. We have to get back to our patrol."

"Alright. Thank you." The three people smiled at me and Aries before grouping up with the rest of their co-workers.

Aries glanced around at the scene to make sure that we weren't needed anymore. "I think that everyone else has this under control, so let's finish our patrol then head back to the agency."

"Ok."

We walked away from the scene and finish up our patrol before we went back to the agency to finish whatever else we had to do today.

-Author Note-

Look, I did it! I wrote a chapter! I finally sat down and wrote a chapter after two months of ignoring writing on Wattpad. I already finished the next chapter and I'm halfway through writing the one after that, so I'll hopefully be able to post chapters for a few weeks.

Anyways, I've been thinking a lot about some stuff for this story and I'm just about halfway through this story(possibly, that kinda depends on when I want to end it) I wanna know what you guys want when it comes to Noriko's ship. I've kinda been leaning toward not having Noriko be with anyone, but I really wanna know what you guys would like to read before I make my final decision. I probably should've asked about this a little earlier into writing, but it's a little late for that.

Moving onto the next thing, I really wanna start writing a new fanfic. I want suggestions on what anime I should write a fanfic of next. I don't really want to start another bnha fanfic, so that's probably not gonna happen for now(maybe). No matter what I pick to write next, it won't be published for a while, but I just like to have something else to write when I don't feel like writing this.

Anyways, thanks for staying with this story even though I've been terrible at uploading. Have a nice day.

-Starlight