Chapter 13

"Hey, Hiromi." Uraraka greeted me when we were back in school.

"Hey," I replied, sitting down at my desk.

"Did you see the news?" Uraraka asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "Not really, I was doing stuff. But my brother saw it before I came home, he made me tell him everything that happened."

"He must have been worried." Uraraka pointed out.

I looked down at my desk and nodded. "Yeah, so was Ryu."

Uraraka opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Iida making an announcement at the front of the room. "Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats."

"Uh, we're all sitting." Kirishima pointed out.

"Yeah, you're the only one standing," Sero added.

Iida sat down at his seat. "Dang it."

"Don't sweat it," Uraraka told him. 

"Hey, Tsu, who do you think 's gonna teach class today?" Mina asked, leaning back in her chair.

"No idea." Tsuyu answered. "Mr. Aizawa's still in the hospital recovering from his injuries."

The door slid open when I looked over and saw Aizawa standing there with bandages covering his face and his arms in casts. "Morning class."

"Mr. Aizawa, what are you doing here?" Everyone yelled.

"Whoa! What a pro." Kaminari exclaimed.

"Mr. Aizawa. I'm glad you're ok." Iida said, raising his hand.

"You call that, 'ok'?" Uraraka questioned.

"Yeah, shouldn't you be in the hospital resting?" I asked, looking at our homeroom teacher with concern. He had been pummeled by the Nomu at the USJ, he needed to be resting, not teaching a class.

"My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet." Aizawa said, causing everyone to tense up.

'What does that mean?' I thought, a little worried.

"The UA Sports Festival is about to start," Aizawa stated, the tension from before dissolving.

"Yeah!" Kirishima cheered.

"Wait a second," Kaminari said, stopping anyone else from expressing their excitement.

"Is it really such a good idea to hold the sports festival right after a villain attack?" Jiro asked, obviously worried.

"They could attack once we're all in the same place," Ojiro added. I had to agree. As excited about this as I am, I don't think it's a good idea for the sports festival to be held now. The chances of something bad happening were too high.

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever. Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years." Aizawa explained. "This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something we can cancel because of a few villains. Our sports festival is one of the most-watched events in the world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then quirks started appearing. Now, the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of size and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"That's right! And top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where you get scouted." Yaoyorozu said.

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can gather you greater experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open the path for you. One chance a year. Three chances a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival." Aizawa said. "That means, you better not slack off on your training."

"Yes, Sir." Everyone replied.

"Class is dismissed." And with that, Aizawa walked out of the room.

* * *

"So, Hiromi. Are you excited about the sports festival?" Kirishima asked, standing next to me in line to get our food.

"Yeah, me and my brother watch the sports festival every year. It's amazing that I actually get to participate in it." I answered, excitement filling me. Watching the sports festival every year was one of the few things me and Shiro still enjoyed doing together. After I started singing, I made sure that I would have the day off on the day of the sports festival so I could watch it with him. Whenever we watched it, all our other issues seemed to disappear for one day. It was great.

"You have a brother?" Kirishima questioned, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, he's a year younger than me," I said.

"Yeah, but he seems like the older one," Bakugo stated, standing in front of me.

"What? No! That is not true!" I exclaimed.

"Have you meet her brother, Bakugo?" Kirishima asked, turning to Bakugo.

"Yeah. He forced me to help him with some game." Bakugo grumbled.

"He didn't force you. You agreed to it." I countered, before mumbling,  " And faster than I thought you would, too."

"Shut up!" Bakugo shouted.

"It's the truth. And you seemed to be having a lot of fun too." I teased.

"I told you to shut up!" Bakugo yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"Did he come over to your house or something, Hiromi?" Kirishima asked, looking a little confused.

"Yeah. We meet up at the game store and Shiro-my brother- asked him to help with something one of his games." I answered.

"And Bakugo agreed to this?" Kirishima questioned, clearly surprised.

I nodded. "Mhm, I was a bit shocked, too."

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here," Bakugo growled.

We got our food and sat down. I sat next to Bakugo, with Kirishima on the other side of the table.

"So, how about you, Bakugo, are you pumped up for the sports festival?" Kirishima asked, going back to the original topic.

"Of course I am! Who wouldn't be." Bakugo yelled.

"Well, I know I don't want to end you fighting you, Bakugo. Then again, I don't really want to fight anyone from our class." My gaze fell to the table as I poked at my food and sighed. "But, I need to get past the preliminary rounds at the least."

"There's no way you'll be able to even do that," Bakugo argued.

"That's not true!" I countered, raising my voice.

"You sure about that?" Bakugo challenged.

"Yes! There's no way I'm going to lose in the preliminary rounds." I said with an air of determination. "I need to prove that I belong here and what better way to do that than at the sports festival?"

"Why do you need to prove yourself?" Kirishima questioned. "You belong here just like everyone else."

I frowned. "Well, I got in through recommendations for reasons I'd love to tell you about, but can't. So, I just feel like I don't deserve to be here. I mean, you two worked really hard to get in, so did everyone else, but I didn't even have to do anything. I kinda feel... out of place." I said with a sad smile, "Plus, for a long time, I didn't even think becoming a hero was possible..."

"If you don't want to be a hero, why are you here?" Bakugo questioned

"That's not what I said!" I argued. Then I took a deep breath. "And it's not like I don't want to be a hero. I just... I had another dream that was a bit more important to me, and I never thought I'd be able to become a hero. It just... seemed unrealistic at the time."

"Then what was your other dream?" Kirishima asked.

I looked up at him. I couldn't say I wanted to become a singer, that could give away the fact that I was Nora. "Um... w-well, I, uh..." The bell signifying the end of lunch went off. I shot up from my seat. "I gotta go, see you in class."

With that, I walked away, leaving the two boys confused as to why I hadn't answer Kirishima's question.