Chapter 3

The rest of the day flew by. I didn't really talk to anyone, but I did manage to figure out everyone's names. That made me feel accomplished enough. Tomorrow I'll talk to more people and make some friends.

When the final bell rang, I grabbed the stuff that was on my desk and shoved it into my bag before getting up. I walked out of the classroom and slipped my headphones over my ears to listen to some music. I mumbling the words of the songs, but I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going and ended up running into someone. I quickly paused my music and looked at whoever I ran into.

"Oh, sorry Midoriya, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I said apologetically, with a small smile.

"I-it's fine," Midoriya replied, his face was red.

"I don't believe I introduced myself to you. I'm Tenya Iida." Iida outstretched his hand for me to shake.

"Yeah," I said, shaking his hand, "I'm Noriko Hiromi."

"And I'm Uraraka Ochaco." Uraraka introduced, her voice sounding upbeat.

"It's nice to meet you," I replied.

"So," Uraraka started, "where are you heading?"

"The train station." I answered, "I live pretty far away from here, so... yeah."

"Oh, that's where we're going right now too. Do you want to walk with us?" Uraraka asked.

"Sure, I'd like that," I replied with a smile before walking with them out of the school.

* * *

I waved good-bye to Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida when I got off the train at my stop and walked the rest of the way home.

When I got home, I was greeted by silence. My brother wasn't home yet and Ryu was probably in the studio doing work. So, I decided to go to my room and lay in bed while looking at social media stuff on my phone. I thought I had something else planned for today, but I forgot what it was.

About an hour later, Shiro came home. And, of course, the first thing he did was start playing video games.

 I walked into the kitchen to get a snack when Shiro spoke up, "How was your first day?"

"It was, interesting," I answered, sitting down next to him. I opened the small bag of chips before I continued. "Our teacher made us do a quirk assessment test, so that was fun."

"A quirk assessment test? On the first day?" Shiro asked, glancing at me.

I sighed. "Yeah."

"That's... different. I didn't think teachers would be able to have their students take a test on the first day." Shiro paused for a minute, "Never mind, that's happened to me before."

"It has?" I asked, a little surprised.

"Yeah, and now that I think about it, I've had a couple of teachers that give tests on the first day to see what their students need to work on. But I've never had to do a physical test on the first day." Shiro answered. He narrowed his eyes at the tv as he started fighting some boss in his game.

Ryu walked into the room, "Hey Noriko, you've been invited to go on this talk show. We'll be leaving for it in two hours."

"I knew I had something planned for today," I mumbled, with a sigh. "I'll get ready later."

"Another one?" Shiro asked, sounding annoyed.

"Well, I am pretty popular, so people are going to want me on their shows so they get more viewers," I explained, even though I knew that he already knew why I had to do this. "Besides, It'll probably only end up taking a couple of hours."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Shiro sighed, taking his eyes off his game for a second to look down at the controller. "Only a couple of hours is what you always say, but it always takes more."

"Well, if I can when I get back, maybe we can play that one two-player game you have together," I suggested, trying to make him feel a little better.

"That would be fun. If only you would get home and have time for that." Shiro grumbled.

"I'll tell Ryu not to make this take longer than it has to," I said.

"Oh, wow, really. That's going to work, for sure." Shiro replied sarcastically.

I opened my mouth to say something back but hesitated. "Whatever."

* * *

"Hello everyone, today we have a very special guest. It's Japan's very own, Nora Kobayashi!" The show's host exclaimed.

"Hi, it's wonderful to be on the show today," I said with a smile.

"So, your new album is going to be releasing next month. Is that true?" He asked, jumping straight into his questions. He earned a nod from me before he continued, "Do you have a date for us?"

"My new album is releasing sometime next month, but I can't say the specific date just yet," I answered, my tone a little teasing.

The host continued to ask me questions about the new album and other stuff like that. It took about an hour to finish the entire interview. I wasn't that excited about releasing a lot of the information about the new album on that show, but that's what happened. I did leave out the date the album is officially releasing and the majority of song titles.

When it was over I talked to some of the show's staff. I also signed some autographs and took some pictures before leaving. I heard from one of the staff members that my being on the show was a surprise for some of the staff and only a few people knew about it. It felt nice for me to make their day like that. I mean, that was my main goal when I became a singer, to make people happy. I wanted to have people listen to my songs and feel good about themselves.

Once we left, Ryu got a call from someone that hosts a radio show to schedule my appearance on their show. Of course, Ryu decided that we would come over now and do it, even though I told him I wanted to be able to stop at home before the interview.

* * *

I ended up going to four interviews before I was able to go home. By then, it was already late and I wasn't really able to do anything other than eat something before going to bed. I thought about talking to Shiro, but I decided against it. I'll talk to him tomorrow before or after school. He probably didn't want to talk to me now anyway.

"While you're in school, I plan on having you do a lot less for your career. Today was an exception, but most days will not be nearly as busy." Ryu explained to me.

"Sounds good," I replied. It was great that he was going to at least try to make my work easier now that I have to go to school too.

"You need to get to bed now," Ryu said while he did a few things on his tablet. "I'm going to finish some work I have."

"Ok, goodnight," I replied before I started walking toward my room.

"Goodnight."