Chapter 31

"This is the office for my company. You won't really be spending any time here. Maybe a little bit, but I doubt it." Aries said as we stood on a balcony that looked over a large room full of cubicles and people moving around. Just by looking at this, you could tell everyone there took their jobs very seriously. After a few seconds, Aries continued. "Alright, to the next place."

We walked out of the room and down a hall before coming to a large office. There was a large desk toward the back of the room with papers piled up in a corner. As well as multiple shelves on the walls of the room.

"This is my office." Aries informed. "This is where I would give you tasks and your agenda for the day. Also, if I'm not around and you need me, you would come here and I'll most likely be here. And if I'm not here, then I'm overseeing work in the office."

"Ok." I replied with a small nod.

"Moving on." Aries turned around and I followed her out of the office and to the next room. "This is the training room. It's used for interns, such as yourself, and new sidekicks. You will probably be spending a good amount of time here." She paused and glanced at me before continuing, "I've seen most of what you're capable of during the sports festival, but I'd like to see your abilities up close. And I'd like to know more of your limits."

"So you want me to demonstrate my quirk?" I questioned.

"Exactly! So, whenever you're ready, just show me what you can do." Aries answered. "If you need a target to attack, you can use the training dummies." Aries added, pointing to the training dummies that lined the back wall. "You don't need to worry about ruining the room, either. It was designed to be able to handle almost any quirk. And if anything does break, I can get someone to fix it."

"Ok. But what exactly do you want me to do? Just use my quirk, or what?" I asked, not really sure where to start with the small demonstration.

Aries was quiet for a few seconds before she said, "I noticed you used a lot of ice creatures, how about you show me the max amount you can make at one time."

"Got it." I turned my attention away from Aries and focused on my quirk. 'I guess this will also be a good way to see exactly what my limits are.' I thought before using my quirk to create different creatures. I was able to make a few birds and one of those rams I used during the sports festival, as well as a lion and dragon-like creature. Aries watched me closely as I was able to keep the creatures from shattering for a minute or two. But most of the creatures were large in size, and there multiple different types of creatures standing there, so I found it difficult to keep them from breaking for very long. Usually, I only create one or two for the same creature at once before those shatter and I make more. So, it was new for me to make a whole bunch of different ones at once.

"Does size matter when it comes to what you create?" Aries questioned once the ice creatures had shattered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, is it easier for you to make many smaller ice creatures than it is if you made the same amount of bigger creatures? Or does it take the same amount of energy?" Aries clarified, sound a little annoyed that she had to answer that.

"Oh, yeah." I answered, understanding exactly what she meant. "It's easy to make more smaller things than bigger things."

"Alright." Aries thought for a second before she asked another question. "Is making a bunch of the same creature easier than making multiple different creatures?"

"Yeah." I said. "Way easier."

"What about when you just create masses of ice?" Aries asked.

"That's easier than making creatures and stuff like that. It's harder for me to make something that's animate than something that's inanimate." I explained. When I first got my quirk, I wasn't even able to make anything that was animate. It wasn't until I had my quirk for over a year until I could do that. "Also, the more masses of ice I create, and the bigger it is, the harder it is for me to make it. But once it's there, it doesn't take much energy for me to keep it from breaking."

"That makes sense." Aries mumbled before she spoke up. "Alright, I think I've got a good enough understanding of your quirk, for now. So you'll be done for the rest of today. Tomorrow, you'll start going on patrols and training. So tomorrow morning, change into your hero costume and come to my office."

"Alright."

"For now, you can head back to your room and get yourself settled in. If you need anything, just come to my office." Aries said as we walked out of the training room.

"Ok." I replied before we both went off to where we needed to be.

* * *

By the time I had unpacked some of the things I needed to unpack from my bag, it was already pretty late. I flopped on the bed and just laid there, thinking about what could happen during this internship. 'If I only get one thing out of this, it needs to be something about how I can manage being a hero and a singer. I just hope that maybe I can also get better at using my quirk. Aries seemed to have plans for me to work on getting better at that. But tomorrow, I'll be going on patrols and other stuff like that. I'll get to experience part of being a hero! So that'll be pretty exciting.'

After a few minutes of doing nothing but thinking about stuff, I sighed and grabbed my phone off of the nightstand. I texted my brother about what happened today and, after a few minutes of waiting, I never got a reply back, which usually happens. For all the video games he plays, he sucks at replying to texts. I ignored the fact that Shiro didn't respond to me and scrolled through social media for a few minutes. I read through some of the posts about the rumor of me being Nora, but it seemed like people were already starting to get bored with that, which was good. If people completely forgot about the rumor in the first place, things for me would be much better.

Soon, I got bored of going through social media and plugged my phone in before I was finally able to fall asleep.

'Tomorrow will be the first full day of my internship.'