Chapter 35

I ran down the empty streets of Hosu toward the location Midoriya sent out. I was getting further and further away from the action and I was starting to worry that coming here was a mistake. That was what I thought until I got there.

Todoroki was standing in front of Midoriya, Iida, and a hero I didn't recognize, who were all down. In front of Todoroki was the Hero Killer. I had never thought I would see him in person, but yet here I was, about to help fight him. Iida and the hero seemed injured, though from what I could see, Midoriya wasn't. I could've been wrong about that, but it didn't matter.

I quickly created a few ice birds and sent them flying straight at the Hero Killer's back. He quickly turned around and shattered the birds with his sword. "How many kids are going to show up?" He questioned, his voice sounding like a growl.

"Midoriya, I got your text." I said to him, my eyes not leaving the Hero Killer in fear he might try to attack when I'm distracted. "What the heck is happening?"

"The Hero Killer tried to kill Iida and I came to stop him. But he got me. His quirk lets him paralyze you if he gets your blood, so be careful." Midoriya explained from where he was frozen on the ground.

"Got it." I made a few more ice birds at the Hero Killer, which he was able to dodge again. But then Todoroki blasted fire at him. I backed up a little closer to Todoroki and glanced at him, a small smile on my face. "You're using your fire. That's great!"

"Yeah." Todoroki responded right as two knives flew by. One grazed Todoroki, but the other lodged itself into my arm. I hissed at the burning pain in my arm but didn't even get a second to do anything about it because the Hero Killer had already ran up to us and was attempting to slash his sword at Todoroki, who was barely able to block the attack. I was about to try to trap the Hero Killer in ice while he was focus on Todoroki for a few seconds before he leaped away, but I was tired out from fighting the Nomu and the pain in my arm was also slowing me down, so I wasn't fast enough.

The Hero Killer jumped back and away from Todoroki's attacks and the Hero Killer started talking, "You look awfully familiar." He said, his murderous eyes on me, sending chills down my spine. "You're that singer, aren't you? You're just as terrible as all the other heroes. And now you're becoming one to get more money and popularity. It's disgusting."

My heart pounded in my ears and for a second, it felt like the world had slowed. Was this what he really believed? That I only sang for money and popularity? That I was working so hard to become a hero for more money and popularity? That I didn't do this for the only reason I started singing? Rage filled me, and for a second I completely forgot that I was standing in the middle of a battlefield with someone who had killed tons of heroes.

"You really believe that?" I growled, my voice a bit quiet and a little shaky, but not because I was scared. My arm was still burning with pain, but I hardly noticed it. I glared at the villain in front of me before raising my voice, "You really believe I've dedicated my entire life to singing for the popularity? You think I would ruin my relationship with my brother for my singing career just because I want the money? The only reason I ever wanted to sing was for other people. To try to enlighten their spirits. To make people happy. I'm becoming a hero so I have another way to help people. Another way to give them hope. To let them know that they are not alone. To make them feel safe." My expression darkened when I lowered my head and clenched my fists. I was slightly shaking with anger. "After my dad died, I felt like I had no one. Like life was pointless. But music helped me through that. And that's when I realized that I could help people who had felt the same way. That's why I started singing. That's why I'm becoming a hero. I'm not doing this for money or popularity. I'm doing this for everyone how feels like they're worthless." I lifted my head and narrowed my icy blue eyes at the Hero Killer. "Don't ever mix me in with people who only do this for the popularity."

My moment ended and I came back to reality. The pain in my arm came back and I pulled the knife out and hissed at the pain. I covered the wound in ice, hoping that doing that would help. Everyone seemed to be shocked by my outbursted. After a second, everyone was quiet and no one moved. That was until Todoroki took the Hero Killer's stillness to his advantage and attacked him with ice. The Hero Killer was just narrowly able to dodge, but then Midoriya was behind him and grabbed the Hero Killer, dragging his along the wall.

"I can move normally now for some reason now." Midoriya exclaimed.

"A time limit?" Todoroki suggested.

"But weren't Iida and that hero paralyzed first?" I questioned, glancing back at the two still on the ground behind me.

"Yeah." The hero said, confirming my statement. "That kid should've been the last one up."

'Then what could it be?' I asked myself as the Hero Killed knocked Midoriya to the ground before he moved out of the way and Todoroki shot ice at the Hero Killer. I send a few ice birds after the Hero Killer to hopefully keep him busy while we figured out his quirk and what to do.

"He takes in a person's blood to keep them from moving. Since I got free first, I can think of three reasons why." Midoriya started, standing up in between me and Todoroki. "It could be less effective with more people, the amount ingested could affect how long it lasts, or how effective it is depends on a person's blood type."

"Blood type? That is correct." The Hero Killer confirmed.

"That doesn't really help us, though." I pointed out, a little panicked. We figured out how his quirk worked, but that did almost nothing to help us. "We still have to avoid letting him get our blood and he's still just as strong as before."

"It would've been nice if we could carry those two out of here, but he's so fast, he can avoid ice and fire. I can't leave myself that open." Todoroki stated. "I think our best option is to hold on by avoiding close combat until the pros get here."

"How long are we going to be able to last?" I questioned, fear and panic filling my voice. "The only reason I made it out of USJ was because I was with Todoroki. I can't-"

"I'm with you now." Todoroki said, reassuringly. He glanced at me and my fearful eyes met his calm ones. "We'll make it out of here."

I took a deep breath. Hearing that made me feel a lot better. It wasn't like I was on my own. I had Todoroki and Midoriya here to help, and they were some of the strongest people I knew. And I'm not that weak. I had just taken down a Nomu not long ago. I did have Aries's help, but the two of us had still managed to take it down. This time, there were three of us, and if Iida and that hero managed to get up, then it would be five against one. Todoroki was right, we will make it out of here.