Chapter 41

"Today we're doing basic hero training," All Might announced. Me and the rest of my class were standing in front of him in our hero costumes. "It feels like I haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back. Now then, listen carefully. We're going to be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned from your internships and apply it to this rescue training. "

Iida's hand shot up into the air, "If it's rescue training then shouldn't we be at USJ instead?"

"That facility specializes in disasters. As I said, this is a race. So prepare to step into Field Gamma. Inside is an area full of factories at form an intricate labyrinth, so good luck finding your way around. You'll be competing in groups of five. Each person will start from a different location on the outskirts of the model city. I'll send a distress signal, and you do what you must to rescue me. Whoever finds me first wins!" All Might explained. Then he pointed at Bakugo and said, "But try to keep the property damage to a minimum." 

"Why are you pointing at me?" Bakugo growled.

All Might ignored him and separated the class into groups of five before saying, "All right, first group, get to your places."

The five people in the first group went to where they had to go in the maze while the rest of the class went to a viewing area to watch. The people in the first group were Midoriya, Iida, Ojiro, Sero, and Mina.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right?" Kaminiari questioned. "Shouldn't he sit this one out?"

"Yeah, and everyone in this group has really good mobility." Kirishima pointed out.

"I'd say Midoriya is at a heavy disadvantage." Yaoyorozu said.

"Moving around quickly isn't really one of his strong suits, that's for sure." Jiro added.

"And whenever he uses his powers he gets badly injured." I shared a glance with Todoroki, who was sitting next to me, when Yaoyorozu said this. Besides Iida, me and him were the only ones who knew that Midoriya had figured out how to use his quirk without breaking his bones.

"Who's your pick? I'm betting on Sero." Kirishima stated, causing everyone to say who they thought would win.

"Oh, yeah? I got odds on Ojiro." Kaminari said.

"I agree with Kirishima, Sero will probably win. His quirk is the best for this kinda stuff." I said, then I looked at Todoroki, "Who do you think will win?"

Todoroki glanced at me, then went back to staring at the scene. "I'd like to see Midoriya win, but your right when you say Sero's quirk will work best in this situation."

"I know Deku'll come in last." Bakugo stated, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Even if he's still recovering, I think Iida's got this one." Uraraka said, Tsuyu agreeing with her.

All Might's voice was heard from some speakers, "Is everyone ready? Begin!"

I watched the screen as everyone took off in search of All Might. They all acted how I excepted them to. Sero swung around on the pipes with his tape. Mina slid across the pipes with her acid. Ojiro jumped around with his tail. And Iida used his engines to boost his speed. When they saw Midoriya jumping around on the pipes using his quirk, there was a collective gasp and a few 'woah's.

Midoriya took the lead, using moves that seemed to resemble a certain explosive blond, but Sero ultimately won when Midoriya slipped and lost the lead.

* * *

Since I was in the second group with Uraraka, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Tsuyu, I was already standing in the factory maze. I know my quirk can give me good mobility if I just create some ice in front of me and skate across it, but I wanted to try something different. I wasn't too worried about winning and since my main focus during my internship was using my quirk to make animated ice creatures, I wanted to do something that would use those ice creatures.

The second I heard All Might's voice say, "Alright, ready? Start!" I created a four-legged cheetah-like ice creature with my quirk and hopped on it. I was fully prepared for it to shatter right then and there, but to my surprise, it held up and started running at full speed through the maze.

It took a lot of effort to keep the cheetah running and not breaking. I had made it so that the ice would stick to me to keep me from falling off. It was really cold, but worth it to make sure I didn't fall whenever it jumped from pipe to pipe.

When I made it to the platform All Might was standing on, I was a little shocked to find that I was the first one there. "Thank you, hero! And congratulations!" All Might held out a sash that said 'Thanks for Saving me' on it, but I couldn't really take it since, at that moment, a wave of exhaustion hit me like bolder. The ice cheetah shattered underneath me and I fell to the ground.

"Are you alright, Hiromi?" Tsuyu asked, just having made it to the platform also, closely followed by Uraraka.

I took a few deep breaths and nodded, "Yeah, just... may have went... over my limits a bit."

After about anything minute or two, Kaminari and Kirishima showed up on the platform also and I had finally gained my strength again.

I took the sash that All Might had been holding out for me before he started talking again, "Young Hiromi may have come in first, but compared to the start of the year, you have all improved. Keep working and preparing for your upcoming final exams! Now, group two, leave the field. Next is group three!"

I walked with my group back down to the viewing area, Uraraka congratulating me and making sure I was alright. When I got back, I sat down next to Todoroki, who was still waiting for his turn since he was in the last group.

"I wasn't expecting you to do that." Todoroki stated. He sounded a bit impressed but also concerned.

"Well, I really worked on pushing myself past my limits and stuff during my internship and just wanted to try something new." I replied, looking up at the screen as the third group got into place.

"You should be careful when doing stuff like that. You shouldn't push yourself too far." Todoroki said.

I shrugged, "It's not like I was dying when I got done, and I know my limits."

Todoroki didn't respond, but I did notice him frowning at me before finally looking back up at the screen.

-Author Note-

So, I kinda had some difficultly writing this story, so that's why I didn't post for the last month. I've just been a bit overwhelmed lately with school and stuff, but it's good now. I'm glad you guys have stayed with this story even though I kinda stuck at keeping a consistent posting schedule.

Christmas is coming soon.  Christmas break is next week so that's cool. I'll probably get a lot more writing done then. I also got today off of school because Google shut down or something, so I have next week's chapter l done too.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!

-Starlight