Chapter 24

I woke up in the infirmary and I sat up, the pain from my fight seemed to mostly be gone.

"Oh, you're awake." I turned my head to see Recovery Girl sitting on a chair.

I stared at her for a minute, before I remembered that my performance was support to start soon. During all the fights and events, I had completely forgotten about it. I started to get out of the bed I was laying in. I could not miss this performance. This was something I dreamed about. "Has the final started yet?"

"Don't worry, your performance has been moved to after the final match." Recovery Girl said calmly.

I looked at her, shocked. "Who told you?"

"Nezu thought something like this may happen, so he told me to tell you that if it did happen, you would perform after the finals." Recovery Girl answered looking at something on her desk.

"Oh, ok..." I hesitated before standing up. "Either way, if it's fine, I'm going to go get ready for that."

Recovery Girl nodded. "Alright, you should be fine now. So go ahead."

"Thank you," I replied before walking over to the door and out of the room. When I stepped outside, I saw Ryu and Shiro waiting for me.

"Are you ok?" Shiro asked, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine, now," I answered with a reassuring smile.

"Good..." Shiro mumbled, his gaze fall to the floor.

"Well, if you're fine now, you need to get ready for your performance," Ryu stated wasting no time.

"Yeah, and where am I going to do that?" I asked, a little annoyed that he didn't even ask if I was ok.

"Follow me," Ryu said. He turned around and starting to lead me to the room I was going to use to get ready for my performance.

Shiro walked with us for a minute before stopping and saying, "I'm going back to my seat, I want to see if I can still watch the last bit of the final match."

"Shouldn't someone go with you?" I questioned.

Shiro looked at me, annoyed. "I'll be fine. I don't need someone to babysit me."

"Ok. If you say so." I replied as he walked away. I turned around and followed Ryu.

* * *

"Now that we have the stage cleared, we have a very special guest who offered to perform for all of us before we have the award ceremony! It's everyone's favorite singer..." Present Mic paused for suspense before yelling, "Nora!"

I walked out onto the field and toward the stage. I waved to everyone in the crowds, a large smile on my face.

"Hello everyone!" I said, a microphone amplifying my voice so everyone in the stadium could hear me. I stood on the stage. "It's an honor to get to perform here, at this sports festival. This has always been a dream for me and I'm really glad I was able to do this. Now, I hope you're excited for this!"

The crowd cheered and once their cheers died down, I started to sing. I moved around the stage as I sang, performing the same way I would during any other concert. I sang two songs from my newest album, which was just recently released and I hadn't done any concerts for it yet, and two of my other songs, each from different albums.

Soon, my final song came to an end and I waved to the crowd. "I hope you all enjoyed this!" I exclaimed. "If you want to see one of my real concerts, my next one won't be here for a while, but when it did come, it's planned to be in Esuha City. Anyways, it was such a wonderful experience for me to be able to perform here, I hope to do it again next year! Goodbye!"

I waved to the cheering audience, standing on the stage for an extra minute or two before walking off the stage and heading back to the room I was using as a changing room. When I got there, I quickly changed and left the room to head to where I needed to go for the award ceremony.

* * *

"The first-year students have completed all the events for the UA Sports Festival. Now it's time to relax and enjoy the award ceremony." Midnight announced as the podium I was standing on raised from the ground. I stood by myself on the podium for third place, Iida was supposed to be there with me, but he had to leave for, what I believe were family matters. Beside me on the first place podium, Bakugo was tied to a pole with chains and everything. He even had a mussel. It was actually really funny to see him like that.

"Tenya Iida shares third-place with Hiromi, but he, unfortunately, had to leave for family reasons. Gotta love those familial bonds." Midnight explained. "Now, let's break out the hardware. Of course, there's only one person worthy of giving out the awards." In the distance, I heard All Might's laugh coming from above me.

"I am here to-" All Might started as he jumped off the top of the stadium.

"The number one hero!" Midnight interrupted. All Might dropped down in front of the podium. "I ruined that, didn't I?" All Might looked at Midnight, I assumed he was annoyed, but I couldn't really tell based on his face since it had that same grin as always. "So, now that you're here, All Might, why don't you start the presentation?"

All Might took the medals from Midnight and came up to the podium I was standing on. "Young Hiromi, congratulations. You did a great job out there, and showed what you were capable of."

He placed a bronze medal around my neck and I smiled at him, "Thanks."

"You still have more training ahead of you." All Might said, as he pulled me into a hug, which caught me by surprise. "You must work hard to push your limits if you want to fight villains."

"Yeah..." I replied as All Might walked over to Todoroki and gave him his medal. I didn't pay much attention to what All Might said to him, I was focused on what All Might had said to me. I know I have a ton of training ahead of me, it's just so difficult for me.

"Even if the world considers me the winner, I won't accept it like this!" Bakugo yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts. All Might had taken his mussel off, and I thought that doing that wasn't the best idea.

"In the world, we're constantly being compared to each other. There aren't that many people who can keep their eyes on the top spot. You're one of those people that can." All Might said, trying not to let Bakugo's screaming interrupt him from giving his speech. He attempted to give the first-place medal to Bakugo, but he tried to reject it, which ended in Bakugo holding it in his mouth.

"The winners of this year's sports festival!" All Might announced, turning around to the crowd of students. "But anyone of you students could've ended up standing on these podiums. Think about what you've done today. You've challenged each other, learned, and came even closer to your goals of being pros. So I have one thing to say. I want you all to say it with me. You know what it is.

All Might yelled something about everyone doing a good job, while the crowd yelled 'Plus Ultra' and yelled at All Might about how that was a perfect time to say 'Plus Ultra'.

"Well, that was one way to end the sports festival," I said to myself with a small laugh.

-Author Note-

The sports festival is finally over. Noriko's little performance was a success. While writing the last chapter, I realized I needed to change the time when Noriko performed to after the final. I think this chapter turned out good and I didn't feel like I needed to rush it, so that was nice.

Also, this chapter was supposed to come out last week, obviously, but I think I forgot to hit the publish button, so I'm really sorry about that. I really thought myself that I published it last week and I just realized that I didn't yesterday. So again, sorry about that, but I'm only human.

Anyways, I'll see you next week!

-Starlight