Prom 2019

yep...that's me. Now, let's start from the beginning, shall we?

I woke up at the usual time of 8:00am. I was slightly disappointed because I was hoping I would wake up late so I could ready for prom immediately; I've been anticipating it for a week. The plan was to get my hair done at 1:00pm, do my make up from about 2:30-4:30pm, take photos at home at 4:30pm, go take photos with group at 5:00pm, have dinner from 5:45-7:00pm and then go to prom (obviously) from 7:30-10:30pm. I'm a big planning person if you can't tell.

I kept myself busy watching choreography videos and listening to music. I found myself listening to Wait For Me from Hadestown in repeat. Later on, I got a text saying my hair appointment was being pushed to 2:00pm because she had fallen behind. It slightly stressed me out, but I knew it would be fine. When 2:00pk comes around, I find out that the hair stylist is quite nice and very fast. She finished in 45 minutes. So now I had an hour and a half to do a full face of prom makeup. Oh god.

Makeup turns out pretty damn good for my standards, though I barely had a enough time (solely because I like to go at my own pace and being rushed stressed me out). My mom forced me to go outside and let her take hundreds of photos of me, which was....nice but uncomfortable. I feel self-conscious when smiling, as it accentuates my already very round, filled with baby fat, face. However, surprisingly good photos came from it; including the one you see above, which is one my favorites (because I look like a Hispanic icon and that's all I live for, fuck yeah).

Now came time to take photos with my friends: Kas, Elijah (a very cute couple), and Jacob (close friend). I was nervous because they know nothing of what I look like. I don't show anyone my dress or what I have prepared for it for homecoming or prom; it's become a sort of tradition. So I was nervous to see how they might react. Of course, they all loved it, which was really nice. I really do think that's one of the most flattering dresses I've ever bought. We took a few photos, made some sassy jokes, and went on to dinner.

You know a place is Bouji when you walk in and the lights are so dim, it takes a second for your eyes to adjust. It was really nice and very reasonably priced. We sat in a booth for no more then 10 minutes when I realized the table next to us-a table of 12 people or so- was filled with TFA kids. I recognized all of them. My heart raced both from an uncertainty as to whether or not I should greet them and the realization....that you might be seated there. I told the group and they all inhaled collectively. "You have to check if he's there" they pleaded "you haven't seen him in so long you have nothing to lose". But I'm a pussy. I didn't have my glasses on so I could only really recognize a couple of them, and I haven't seen them in nearly A YEAR and I didn't want to disturb their dinner. I wasn't particularly close to any of them...why would they care to see me? A minute later, kas and Jacob make surprised expressions and look at me with intent in their eyes. "What happened...?" I mumbled, nervously looking up from the menu. My heart was still racing and my hands were slightly trembling. They looked at each other and then look at me "...they said your name." My first thought; fuck. What was I supposed to do??? "You gotta say hi to them now! You gotta check!!!" They continued. Yet again, I'm a pussy ok. I was afraid out of my mind...I had prepared for so many things and this?? This is the most insane coincidence of all time. Kas looked at me gently "imma text him if you don't do anything" and turns out she did.

A couple of minutes later, she looked up from her phone with genuine surprise "He...he wants to call". I look up immediately. She continues "but he wants to talk to you". Jacob got excited for me (I've already cried about you in front of him oof) and kas had the biggest smile on her face. Elijah was clueless as usual. I felt a lump and my throat and silently put my hand out. And then she called you