13. Gun Training

It had been a few days since Daryl had been shot by Andrea. He was healing nicely. Or at least Hershel says so. Yesterday I decided that I didn't want to take anymore of Hershel's and his family's room, so I found room in the RV. It was cramped with me, Dale, Andrea and Glenn all sleeping in it, but can't complain about a place to sleep I guess.

          "Hey June." I hear someone say behind me. I turned around and was met with Andrea. I was still a bit pissed at her for shooting Daryl, but I know she was only trying to protect the group. "What's up, Andrea?" I ask her. "Could you give this to Daryl? I fee like shit. I didn't know it was him. You know?" Andrea said to me. I smiled at her. I grabbed the book out of her hand. "I'll give it to him." I said to her. She gave me a weak smile before going on about her day.

          I know that Hershel allowed Daryl to go back to his tent this morning, so I looked over and saw the flap was open. I started walking towards him. Once I was there, I lightly shook the tent flap to let him know I was there. I stepped in and he looked over at me.

          "Hey. Andrea wanted me to give this to you." I say to him. He grabs the book out of my hand. I feel bad for looking down at him because I know he is healing, but he looks kind of hot right now. I hide my smile and look back at his face.

          Daryl flips through the book and smirks. "What, no pictures?" he asks me. I smile at him. "Andrea is sorry. She feels like shit." I say to him. I know Andrea wanted to come over here, but I also know she feels guilty as hell for shooting him. He chuckles at me and adjusts his pillow underneath his head. "Yeah, her and me both." he says.

         "Andrea and I may not be on the best of terms, or even like each other, but I'm sure if you want or need her to do anything for you, she will. Guilt does that to a person." I say to him. He looks at me and chuckles under his breath.

          "She was trying to protect the group. We're good, but if she shoots me again, she best pray I'm dead." he said to me. I tilted my head to the side and smiled. "She shoots you again, I may just kill her." I say to him. "Listen, I'm going to go out today, to help Rick and Shane teach people to shoot." I say to him. He looks into my eyes and I can tell his face goes full serious. "You okay with being with Shane?" he asks me. I look around his tent for a second before answering.

          "I got Rick and a whole lot of people who will be with me. I won't be alone with him." I said to him. Hoping this will ease his tense shoulders a bit. I walk out of his tent and look for Rick.

          "I spot Rick and Shane by one of the cars. I take a deep breath and start walking towards them, but before I could reach them, Glenn steps in front of me. I step back and look at him. "Want some peaches or jerky?" Glenn asks me. I raise one of my eyebrows and look down. I reach down and grab a peach. "Give Daryl my share of the jerky. Gotta make sure he heals." I say to Glenn. He forces a smile and I notice it. "Glenn... what's wrong?" I ask him.

          He looks at me and I raise my eyebrows. "Glenn... you gonna tell me or what?" I ask him. I watch as he opens his mouth to say something, but Shane interrupts us. "Hey! Peach man." Shane whistles at us. We both look over and Glenn starts walking towards them. I sigh and start walking towards Rick and Shane with Glenn.

          "The creek flows south, past that farmhouse Daryl found. Maybe Sophia dropped the doll there, the current brought it downstream." I hear Rick say to Shane and Jimmy as I approach them. I get between Rick and Jimmy and look at the map.

          "So what, you think she took this road here and then she went north?" Shane asks Rick. Rick nods his head and looks over at Jimmy. "Yeah. What's up that way?" Rick asks Jimmy. I look over at Jimmy. "A housing development. It went in maybe ten years ago." Jimmy says. I look back over at Rick. "Take a run up there after gun practice. I'll hold down the fort here, but take backup. After what went down with Daryl, I don't want anyone going out alone. We stay in pairs." Rick tells Shane. Rick looks over and me and so does Shane.