31. Escaped Hell?

I'm not sure how long Glenn, Maggie and I have been in this room. All I know is that it felt like it has been hours.

"Maggie, did he..." Glenn starts to say, but Maggie cuts him off. "No. No. He barely touched me. June... got his attention before he could do anything like that." Maggie says in a soft voice to Glenn. My head never leaves between my legs.

"All this time, running from walkers... you forget what people do, have always done. Look at what they did to you. Look at what they did to June." Maggie says in a whisper tone. Maybe trying to not let me hear her speaking, but I could hear her. I feel Glenn put his hand on my shoulder and squeeze it.

"Hey." Glenn says in a low voice. I look up and see him looking at the other side of the room. I followed his gaze and saw the walker he had killed. My head turned towards Glenn when I hear him grunting in pain, trying to get off the ground. Maggie and I give him a hand and push him off the ground. I watch as he walks over to the dead walker and grabs its arm and starts to pull on it. I squint my eyes at the sight and lightly shake my head. "What the hell is he doing?" I ask Maggie. Maggie looks over at me and shrugs.

Maggie and I both stand up from the ground and Glenn fully rips off the arm and throws it to the ground and stomps on it. Maggie grabs my arm and walks me over to where Glenn is. Glenn takes the bones out of the walkers arm and hands one to Maggie and one to me. I grab the bone and feel like I wanna puke. It slides in my hand from the blood. I grab the bottom of my shirt and wipe off the bone as much as possible.

It's a while before the door to the room we were all being held in opened up. Maggie, Glenn and I all charged at the men. I grabbed one man and stabbed him in the eye going into his brain. His lifeless body almost takes me down to the ground with him. When I turn around I see that Maggie had grabbed a gun and was pointing it at Merle, who had his arm makeshift knife on his throat. "Let him go!" Maggie shouts at Merle. Merle looks up at Maggie. Merle looks between Maggie and I before smiling. "Okay." Merle says as he removes the knife from Glenn's throat.

Then I hear the sound of guns cocking behind me. I turn around and see the Hispanic man and two others. "Give me the gun!" Merle shouts. I turn back towards him and see that he had taken the gun away from Maggie. "Get up!" Merle shouts at Glenn. I see Glenn struggling with Merle's order. "He can't you asshole! You beat him to the point he can't function properly!" I shout at Merle. Merle looks at me and I feel someone hit me hard in the head. I fall to the ground and my vision becomes fuzzy. I hear Maggie yelling, but I can't make out what she is saying.

One of the men grab me and stand me up. He opens the door to the room up further and tosses me inside. Maggie and Glenn follow. They put Maggie, Glenn and I in a line and bring bags into the room. The man walks over to me and I know that I'm first. "Look at me." I hear Glenn say. I turn my head and look Glenn in the eyes. I smile at him as the bag covers my head. I sob into the bag. For two reasons, one because I'm gonna die and two because Glenn wanted him to be the last thing I saw. Not some rusty room.

I hear Glenn says to the same thing to Maggie. "On your feet, move. Let's go, come one." one man said to us as we were brought up to our feet. We couldn't see anything, so we were lead out by a person. I get a good 10 feet in before I hear something go on in the room we are in. Everyone shouts. I stood up, but I couldn't see anything. I feel a pair of hands grab onto me and start to pull me. But it wasn't roughly. It was a gentle pull. Not what I have experienced in the last few hours.

Whoever had a hold of us didn't take the bag off. Not until we stopped running which wasn't until about a minute after they had grabbed onto me. We get inside a room and though someone had their hands on my arm, I fell to the ground.