CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

Stop and Stare

Today, we are assigned to do a task, which is to memorize the song that will be assigned to us. All female trainees are here inside the dance practice studio and we are gathered here today to receive the song we are going to cover. And random groupings will happen as always.

The vocal teacher announced the groupings bit by bit and found out I'm with Stacey and 2 trainees. According to teacher, we'll execute this on next three days together with the rap trainer. It's Wednesday today, it means on Friday. The song we've receive is Whistle by Blackpink. Now, we're planning the lyrics distribution.

"Stacey-Unnie, your decision is ours to be followed." The female trainee said.

"Why me?" She chuckled.

"Among us four here, you're the good in this area." The other female commented.

"I agree too. " I said and smiled at her.

"Wait...You all made me overwhelmed." She smiled and puts her hands on her chest.

"Besides you're the oldest here." I declared and made us the three laugh. "yah!" She frowned and chuckled afterwards.

We listen the song first and try to analyze which part goes well with us. Stacey asked us afterwards, but the three of us let her decide for us.

So she chooses to be Rose as the main Vocalist and then she test us who suits well to represent the parts. Afterwards, I was assigned to take the part of Lisa and the two were Jennie and Jisoo. However, the other female trainee seemed to disagree her given parts.

"Uhm... Stacey-Unnie?" Stacey looked at her and ask 'what's wrong?'

"I can't do Jennie's part on the bridge because I am not really confident on my vocals and besides rapping is my skill and also because of my deep voice. " She honestly stated.

"Can we try ? You sing Lisa's and (Y/n) sings jennie." Stacey stated and sing the Whistle again.

Afterwards, Stacey looked at me with a question stare and I just nod at her to let her switch our parts since it went better than our first try. I'm okay with rap and besides there are no high notes on Jennie's part and I want us to do very well so I'll just give up Lisa to her. Her voice really suits her on rapping, I envy her. I also want deep voice because it's unusual to a girl. I am weird, right?

"Okay...You'll be Lisa ..." Stacey smiled at her and pat her shoulders.

Her face lightens up and thanked Stacey and Me.

"Is it all set now? No worries?" Stacey asked us and all of us said "Yes."

"So I'll be Rosé. (Y/n) will be Jennie. Yeseul will be Jisoo and Gayoon will be Lisa. So let's start practicing."

Inside an hour we sing repeatedly with the lyrics since we haven't still memorized yet until we hit the right notes. Stacey sometimes corrects our diction and tune; she's indeed a good leader.

"Okay trainees gather now here." The mentor announced and we all sit on the floor waiting for her next notices.

"Tomorrow will be our next meeting, right? We'll see tomorrow what you've done today, alright? And I want you to memorize as fast as you can. Dismiss." The mentor said and let us all go to our next schedule.

My next schedule will be still here, inside dance practice. And as usual I'll be with Hana and Cai Jing, Chinese girls. Then, Ms. Lia Kim and went inside the room with boys behind her. Surprisingly my eyes saw 2 male trainees with Minho and HyunJin. HyunJin spotted me and let out his smirk.