CHAPTER 39

Chapter 39

Betrayal

Third Person Point of View

"Hey, Y/n..." She looked at her friend, Stacey who eats dinner with her. "Are you okay?" She stretches her lips slightly as she nods to her and they eat in silence again.

As she scrutinizes her friend's face, she understands something's not going well on her. She can't stop herself from sorting things out and it bothers her if she's not going to.

"I don't want to sound annoying but I'm worried, are you really okay?" Y/n looked at her again and smiled while rolling her eyeballs.

"I'm just tired tonight but I'm totally fine." She lied. She was just trying to be okay but she's actually not. She just doesn't want her friends to worry about her anymore now that all of them are focusing on their life as a trainee to be able to debut as fast as possible.

After they eat their dinner the two went for their next schedules, Stacey went to her vocal lessons, while Y/n went to the dance room when she saw Hyunjin just went out from the room she's going to enter.

Her heart beats rapidly and eyes were widened. She wants to pretend she did not see him but too late anymore when their gazes met already.

For a moment she can't move her body and stayed still looking at him in a difficult breathing. "Y/n..."

Too hard to decided what to do but then she just greeted him with a bow and just choose to enter the room already.

She's in the verge of tilting the knob when Hyunjin all of a sudden grip her arms out of confusion why she acted like that.

"Wait, Y/n." Her eyes are full of sadness as their gazes met for few seconds but then she still manages to smile at him.

She instantly pulls out her wrist from his grip and reasoned out "I still have a schedule to attend."

"Can we talk later?"

"Sorry but I still can't. We're practicing for monthly evaluation." She bowed again to him and left him in question.

That was the first time again she talk to one of the boys after a week already of avoiding them and it was painful to give him such cold behavior. As if they were never friends.

It's hurting me that I acted like that towards him, how much more I'll do that to all of them. I hope I can bear it.

Hyunjin was left confused by her, by how she acts like that in front of him so sudden. After how many days of not getting in touch with her, she acts like she's avoiding him.

Am I overreacting? She's just have a schedule to attend. "Yeah right, she's just busy." He assures himself, trying to understand her situation and just ignore what he feels as he walks back to the hideout.

Y/n and the girls were already on their bed, preparing for sleep when suddenly they heard a knock from the door. Cai Jing pretends she didn't hear it and yawned with a sound, enough for Stacey to noticed it.

Stacey rolled her eyeballs to her. Stacey jump out from her bed and Cai Jing grins. "Thanks, Stace."

As she opened the door she saw a familiar face and bowed to her as a respect.