CHAPTER 53

CHAPTER 53

History

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

Have you been in a group of friends where you always have these wide smile in your face and blissful chuckles you let out when you're with them? If you do, you're lucky as me. Just enjoying things with them whether talking about life or nonsensical stuffs. You just don't mind spending time with them because being with them, makes you feel not alone, keeping you complete while you're away from home. Helping you to bring out the real you, encouraging you to be stronger, always having their backs to let you lean on when you get tired or sad; even in simplest way, they are always there for you to make you feel okay and happy.

Total package friends they are. However, all of a sudden, they became a memory. They are supposed be right here beside me comforting me, just like what they always do but they cannot do it anymore because they became the reason why I'm having these wounds in my heart for the reason that I've also hurt them and I don't deserve to be friends with them.

It has been a couple of weeks since I've end everything with them, even with Jisung. I was empty the whole week and giving my friends fake smiles every time. Occasionally I come across some of them but still I continue acting like a stranger with memories to them, acting we never talk nor we never had some good times.

I'm really trying my best to get recover as soon as possible but until now, I'm yet tortured, I'm yet haunted by it and I don't know when will I can go back to the old me.

Cutting a friendship is indeed a hundred more painful than a breakup with your lover.

"Y/n...." I blinked thrice before coming back to my senses and looked at Stacey in front of me.

"We don't want to ask you if you're okay or what's the matter because you'll just say you're fine and there's nothing wrong but Y/n... we clearly notice you're not okay but you keep on denying it."

"I'm okay. Not totally but I'm still okay." I'm sorry for lying again, Stace but I want to keep it to myself. She gave me her usual unamused expression. "Y/n..."

"Promise, I'm okay."

"You know we're always here who you can talk to, alright?"

I smiled in a reassuring way, "I will. Don't worry."

The door rudely opened and reveal Cai Jing, "Y/n!" She closed the door first and walks closer to me.

"I've heard a rumor that Stray Kids will not going to debut." My eyes automatically widened after I heard her.

"Come on, Jingjing-ah. It's only a rumor." Stacey scoffed and for a second my heart calms down not until Cai Jing rebutted.

"Yeah it's a rumor but why do you think it became a rumor? Right? They must've heard it from a staff. Besides, why would trainees would make a story about them? They'll just get themselves in trouble." I stared at her and she has a point.

All the possible things run inside my head again. I'm overthinking again. I thought I've already cut everything so we can be at peace. What is happening already? A rumor?

"But still, it's not confirmed yet and Y/n should've known first about it, right Y/n?" I stared at Stacey and blankly just respond. "Also, Jisung hasn't told me about it."