Chapter 07

Do vote and comment

Arnav put her down and Khushi saw a faint beam of light coming from quite a distance

Arnav put her down and Khushi saw a faint beam of light coming from quite a distance. As they walked towards the light, she saw some houses made of bricks and sheeted roof. They reached near to the area and a man come towards Arnav.

"Saab, you came as you promised." That man greeted Arnav and he nodded, turning his head towards Khushi.

"Khushi this is Madhu, his father is the head of this community. Madhu, this is Khushi..." Arnav in

"You both come and join us." Madhu invited them.

"We are with the Koli tribe, today is their full moon festival." Arnav let her know.

"How do you know them?"

"Madhu is a forest guide and I often come here. One day I saved him from falling from a cliff and since then we are kind of close. They are a bunch of nice people."

"Do they have to travel through the forest always?" She asked curiously.

"No, that's a short cut from the river bank. There is a road which leads to their village, but we have to go on the other way." Khushi nodded her head and walked with him.

They welcomed Khushi with their traditional customs. They applied sandal thilak and fed her honey. Khushi didn't notice a drop of honey sticking near to her lips. Arnav wiped that with his finger and licked that from his finger.

"It tastes good." He commented while she stood there shocked by his act. She thanked yehweh as they were alone at that time. She tried to wipe any leftovers near her mouth.

"There is nothing left...unfortunately." He said with a wink. She turned her head to the other side trying to control her heart beats. Khushi heard some children gathering around Arnav calling his name.

"Bhaiyya, did you buy that book you promised me?" One of the girl asked Arnav.

"What about our football?" Another boy enquired.

Arnav take out the books and other things from his bag. He gave that to the children and looked at them.

"I hope you all won't disappoint me with your studies."

"Never" They all promised him. Khushi was shocked and amusement to see this side of him.

"Bhaiyya, who is this didi with you?" A little girl about six year old asked him.

"She is Khushi, she is here to be your didi." He replied kneeling a bit.

"Are you here for us?" One of the boy asked tugging her hand. Khushi nodded her head and stroked that boy's head.

"What happened to you? Why do you have crutch?" One of them asked seeing her standing with a crutch.

"It is because I lost my leg in an accident. I need this to walk properly." She replied with a smile and saw him looking at her.