Chapter 36

Arnav kept staring at her for hours

Arnav kept staring at her for hours. He woke her up after a few hours as he have to leave.

"Baby, I have to go now." Arnav said buttoning his shirt. Khushi sat on the bed in half sleepy state.

"Come on, lock your window properly."

Arnav helped her out of the bed and Khushi hugged him.
Thanks Arnav.." She said in a drowsy voice.

"Lock the window and go back to sleep."
Arnav kissed her forehead as she leaned on to the window.

"Once again Happy Birthday Angel. Goodnight." He said standing outside.

"Good night Arnav." Khushi locked the window as he waited outside. She went back to her bed and laid down hugging the her Arnie.

Next day, her parents and sister wished her and gave gifts. Elisa made her favourite dishes for breakfast and lunch.
They had a prayer together in their house after which Khushi went to college.

Payal brought a small cake and both the besties celebrated her birthday. Payal teased Khushi about Arnav as Khushi showed her the gifts given by him.

At morning, he called Khushi and told her about his schedule. Khushi and her family went to synagogue and attended the prayer. The rabbi(priest) did a prayer for Khushi as per her parents request.

After that they all went to the beach. Kasi dragged Khushi to the beach stalls to buy things. She and her sister were trying to select something for Khushi when she felt someone holding her hand.
She looked up and found Arnav which made her eyes to bulge out.

"Di, select something for you. Did you like this earrings?" Kasi asked Khushi.

"Yeah, I'm selecting." Khushi saw his face through the mirror placed opposite to her. She placed an earring on her ear and looked at him as her sister got busy with trying out things.

Arnav shook his head not liking the earring. Khushi placed another earring which he doesn't approve. He pointed at an earring and looked at her.

"Di, did you finalize anything?" Kasi asked her sister.

"Yeah, this one."

"This is beautiful di and will suits you."
Khushi placed it on her ear and Arnav winked at her with a smile on his face.

"This will go with your new dress." Kasi complimented her sister. Khushi looked at the earring and then smiled at him.
She turned towards Kasi and held her hand.

"Did you select what you want?" Kasi nodded her head.

"Let's pay the bill. Abba and Ammi must be waiting for us." Saying this she turned to look at him and didn't find him there.
She turned around and saw him standing little far away from her.